Notices

Just needed to vent...

Old 05-01-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just needed to vent...

I'm meeting with my sponsor tomorrow, and i called her tonight, but I feel totally out of control. I am also not looking forward to admitting to her that I screwed up again, because she isn't aware of this last time.

My financial stress is really weighing on me. The good news is I did talk to the recruiter for my new job, and hopefully things will get moving with that by the 8th. In the meantime, I may have to look for another part time job waiting tables or something because I'm completely destitute.

A friend offered to loan me a little money to help me get up to date with my most important bills, and the day that he was supposed to give it to me he led me on up until about 2 hours before we were supposed to meet at Starbucks and then literally disappeared...like his phone is turned off, can't find him anywhere. And he isn't one of us (doesn't even drink), so i dont know whether to be worried or have a resentment.

I'm still dopesick, albeit not as bad as I thought I'd be. But I'm a baby so of course I want to crawl in a hole right now.

Anyway, just checking in. Trying to keep my chin up. Hope everyone here is doing well.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow who needs friends like that !!
I really hope you find your funds and please dont stress about venting its fine
Fighting this sober will be better as drink solves nothing
Can you ring people you owe money too and explain your situation ? Possibly set up a payment plan when you start work ?
Good luck x
Old 05-01-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go KittenMittens. Sounds like you're hanging tough during all the stress you're going through. Good luck next week on the 8th. You've got this!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that your friend let you down. Good luck with the upcoming job.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh KittenM, I am so sorry your friend did that. Financial worry is so stressful. Stay strong,. Thinking of you.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nmd

Vent away! Congrats and good luck on the new.job
Old 05-04-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Saw my sponsor again today.

The start date for my job got pushed out yet again. I went to the library and applied for food stamps, and applied for some other jobs as well.

I'm still financially screwed. I paid what I could on my rent, but I'm still a hundred bucks short, and I'm totally unable to pay my power bill. Calling them tomorrow.

I can't afford my antidepressants and I'm so depressed I can't get out of bed the majority of the day. I feel absolutely hopeless.

I don't know how to move forward trying to stay sober and doing the things I have to to maintain that when I'm so depressed and hopeless that I just don't see a point. I try to maintain a routine and make a schedule for myself to stick to every day but I end up screwing around and sleeping all day unless I have to work (which is only like 1 or 2 days a week anyway).

I did get a direction from my sponsor to get some books on religion and spirituality so I did that today. I'll try reading but I can't even sit through a 30 minute tv show so we'll see how that goes.