Notices

Anyone from California?

Old 05-03-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone from California?

Hello,
I'm starting my journey to sobriety today after binge drinking for the last 2 days. I don't want to drink anymore. I've been trying to stop but have failed in all attempts, so this time I decided to get help and try medication. I was wondering if anyone from California has tried DxRx. I decided to give it a try but wanted to check if anyone has tried it before. Dr Mendelson uses naltrexone. Any thoughts?
Old 05-03-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not from California, but I drank for 40 years and went thru rehab twice ... kept drinking, face-in-the-pavement struggling, then when it got so bad on the inside I couldn't stand it anymore ... I WORKED the 12 Steps of AA ... it took hard work, and forcing myself to do things that didn't seem at all like they would do anything ... then, thru doing the work ... FREEDOM.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2
Old 05-03-2017, 10:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I haven;t tried it or even heard of it Healthme but I'm glad you've joined us

D
Old 05-04-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm in California and haven't heard of this place but it looks alright. I made the decision to get help too and I'm on naltrexone. It does seem to be helping with the physical cravings, of course all of the underlying reasons I was drinking are still there and need to be dealt with. But at least I'm not drinking, that's good.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Healthme to SR, I am in so. cal. Never heard of it but when I was ready to stop I was ready to do whatever it took. I was willing to do what others that had gotten sober had done. I joined the ranks of AA and continue to work the steps. Honestly, I would have tried the prescriptions but I am so glad that it wasn't an option. I would suggest find a proven recovery plan (AA, SMART, AVRT, etc) and follow it.

Good luck and many prayers
Old 05-05-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZenButterfly View Post
... of course all of the underlying reasons I was drinking are still there and need to be dealt with...
Similar to what was shared by Done4Today ... The only thing that worked for me after 40 years of drinking / drugging, 2 rehabs that helped for temporary halts, and a long time of face-in-the-pavement struggling to get FREE ...

I had to WORK a program designed to guide me to 'deconstruct' the programming in my Bio-computer that I had 'programmed-in' thru the processes of my lifetime - thru Fear, Resentments, Anger, Regrets, Protection of Myself from Others, Manipulations and Self-Will-Run-Riot to get what I wanted ... intensified, warped, and perverted by pouring alcohol and drugs on top ... very ugly me on the inside when I got a real look at it thru Working a Spiritual Program.

Then, with guided help from the Creator of my Bio-computer, the operating software was Custom Re-worked, and a Daily Maintenance Drive added, so that now Me and my old Self-Will-Run-Riot don't engage with the old programming, and I go thru Life in a Daily Maintained state of being FREE.

RDBplus3 ... It's a Wonderful thing to be Free, and have the Creator of the Universe helping me navigate this sometimes (often?) difficult life.