Notices

close call

Old 05-01-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

close call

Wow! That was close! I'm actually shocked I was about to go pick up a 6pk after 5months sober. I know what triggered me as well. As soon as I woke up today I had major anxiety over my court date later this week. This came and went ALL day! I'm not sure why since I don't even have to go that day and it will be over but, I guess it's just the thought of it. I was convinced a few beers would be ok(yeah right) and I was out of smokes. Also being off all day stuck in my head didn't help.. I would have and should have went to a meeting at all costs but,my daughter had my car(I still could have made it via ride service) and I've spent the day on here reading. Anyways, As I was about to head to the store for at least smokes she pulled in and I sent her instead. I'll be going to my morning meeting tomorrow. Thought I was going insane though..
Old 05-01-2017, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you worked through that SR. Best wishes with the court date.

D
Old 05-01-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I still get crazy anxiety.

My kids teacher gets on my nerves.

I just want to scream at her....you are such a friggen mindless troll of a women...sacrificing our kids future for you loyalty to an enigma....the school.

Omg!

I thought about drinking today too, but then thought better.

Proudly sober forever.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you DontRemember...I know that feeling of relief (after you move past the urge) only too well! You would have been kicking yourself in the a** tomorrow morning! Way to go!

Congrats on 5 months....that's awesome! Hang onto it!
Old 05-01-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was giving my AV plenty of volume and power by overthinking about court. If anything I should be happy that it's coming up and will soon be behind me. As I watched the sun set tonight I had the thought of: "I'd rather get time in jail than drink and self destruct any longer". That's how much I do not want to drink. I'm not going to get any jail time of course as I've complied with my plea deal,ect. but, that thought was actually very true.