Notices

Class of May 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 05-02-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello all - nice to see so much support here already.

Morning of day 3 here, and feeling kind tired from not sleeping well the last couple of nights (and being passed out the previous 2 days. I'm sure =/). The anxiety isn't as bad today as the last 2 days, but work might be kind of challenging. I'm looking forward to the end of the day AND the end of the first week

Stay strong folks and I hope your day goes well!
Old 05-02-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
I'll join you all. Day 2.
I'm so embarressed to be joining yet another class. But I'm still not giving up. I've been doing the sober 3-4 days and then drinking cycle lately. I am so done! Alcohol be gone!
Don't ever be embarrassed about joining another class. This is probably my 5th group. Be PROUD that you are here. It means a lot and shows that deep down inside you truly want sobriety. Hang in there and reach out if you need support. I promise I will too.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello. I'm joining class of May. I spiral out of control every so often, and it's getting much worse.
I'm back to get support. I'm going to make some calls today as well to some people I know in recovery. I hope I get it right this time.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StartingOverNW View Post

Morning of day 3 here, and feeling kind tired from not sleeping well the last couple of nights (and being passed out the previous 2 days. I'm sure =/). The anxiety isn't as bad today as the last 2 days, but work might be kind of challenging. I'm looking forward to the end of the day AND the end of the first week

Nice going on day 3! Hope work goes smoothly for you. A week will be here before you know it. Keep on moving forward!
Old 05-02-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KPForever View Post
Hello. I'm joining class of May. I spiral out of control every so often, and it's getting much worse.
I'm back to get support. I'm going to make some calls today as well to some people I know in recovery. I hope I get it right this time.
Sounds like a great plan, good for you for being proactive! We can do this!
Old 05-02-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Don't ever be embarrassed about joining another class. This is probably my 5th group. Be PROUD that you are here. It means a lot and shows that deep down inside you truly want sobriety. Hang in there and reach out if you need support. I promise I will too.
I've also joined several classes - for some of us its part of the process. I'm glad you're both in the group
Old 05-02-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello again
As much as I think you're all lovely, I didn't expect to be back...

I can't believe I joined in 2012! Well, I had a a sober 2013....and been on a jolly long binge since early 2014.

I'm currently on Day 11.

Let's do this xxxx
Old 05-02-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Scared, but in. My story is about the same as most. Been drinking about 2 bottles of wine for about 15 years. Husband decided I had to quit. Got worse when I went "underground". Just so tired of spending so much time planning, sneaking, and hiding. Also terrified of losing my family if I get caught. So. I have taken "the very last drink ever" about 200 times. I'm ready to quit, but had no idea until I started researching recently how bad and how long the withdrawals could be. That scares me so much I'm almost more afraid to quit than to keep drinking!!!
Old 05-02-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
Hi dudes and dudettes just reporting in for the arvo on Day 2. I'm going strong, minimal side effects thanks to some Baclofen.
What do you think of Baclofen? I got Naltrexone but read recently that Baclofen might be better for cravings.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm in! Looking forward to a no-drinking May!
Old 05-02-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm on board and mean to maintain it this time.

I've been sober for over 30 days before and need to do this for me.

Beautiful day here and keeping myself busy.

Take care all
Old 05-02-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZenButterfly View Post
What do you think of Baclofen? I got Naltrexone but read recently that Baclofen might be better for cravings.
Ask your doctor please. Every person responds differently to every medication.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to everyone - newhope01 ZenButterfly ask71463 KitKat7575 KPForever SFL ChickChick Weev1l FixItDad mangoman Optimist4ever57

If there's one thing I can impress on you guys it's to ask for help before you drink...we need to keep moving forward...not to turn around and go backwards. Thats not progress no matter how
we rationalise it.

we can do this

D
Old 05-02-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Asking for people's experience is not breaking the med rule

I have no experience with Baclofen as a med for alcoholism ZB, but there's been a few threads about it over the last few months.

D
Old 05-02-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Good morning May friends.
I'm back again. I really thought I had it down this time (sober almost 4 months) but I let myself slip by not devoting any time or thought to my sobriety. I was sober and thought everything was okay. I drank last Monday (1 glass turned into 2 bottles), one afternoon last week (3 glasses and poured the 4th down the drain) and then I almost stopped myself yesterday but I didn't. I told hubby I didn't want to go out to lunch because I knew I was going to drink. My AV convinced me that 1 or 2 drinks is totally fine. Stopped for 2 more bottles on the way home.

I feel like crap.
I feel like a failed myself.

And the truth of it all is I keep proving to myself OVER AND OVER again that I don't want, need or benefit from drinking. I didn't actually enjoy it last night. It didn't make things more fun, the conversation wasn't better- nothing was better and this god awful hangover wasn't worth it.

I need to stop. I know I can do it, I've done it before. I just need more support. I was doing hypnosis and stopped- I need to start again. I'd like to get a journal of some sort. I need to do this now as we move into our new neighborhood a week from today and I don't want to start off by finding new drinking buddies. I want and need sober mammas, just like me. Women who can handle the stresses of life without reaching for the bottle.

Sorry this was so long.
Looking forward to getting to know you all...

Hi Sunflower, I'm here too...again. Let's nail it this time!
Old 05-02-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FixItDad View Post
Ok, Since I flunked the Class of April '17 I'm being sent back to the Class of May. This is harder than I thought this time around.

Of course, my wife had to get in a dig this morning about it. Don't know what else to do. FML.
Well, you're in good company, FixItDad...at least familiar company :-)
Old 05-02-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
I'll join you all. Day 2.
I'm so embarressed to be joining yet another class. But I'm still not giving up. I've been doing the sober 3-4 days and then drinking cycle lately. I am so done! Alcohol be gone!
This is turning out to be a reunion of sorts, ChickChick.
Just never give up...
Old 05-02-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StartingOverNW View Post

Glad you're here!
Old 05-02-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KPForever View Post
So glad to have you here, KP! Welcome :-)
Old 05-02-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ask71463 View Post
Scared, but in. My story is about the same as most. Been drinking about 2 bottles of wine for about 15 years. Husband decided I had to quit. Got worse when I went "underground". Just so tired of spending so much time planning, sneaking, and hiding. Also terrified of losing my family if I get caught. So. I have taken "the very last drink ever" about 200 times. I'm ready to quit, but had no idea until I started researching recently how bad and how long the withdrawals could be. That scares me so much I'm almost more afraid to quit than to keep drinking!!!
Welcome Ask and don't be afraid to quit. Please make sure you husband is aware of what you might go through so he can get you medical care if necessary.

Can you possible see a doctor to confide in? Let us know what you need and there's almost always someone here on SR to talk.