Notices

Feeling sheepish...

Old 05-01-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling sheepish...

The last time I posted on here I was at rock bottom and I got some tough love responses to my post. I wasn't ready to put effort into getting sober at that point, not even sure why I posted?! Anyway, point is I'm here on day 1 again and feeling very determined. I have a plan this time which is why I never could make it stick before. I've thought of nothing else the last couple of months and I know getting sober is the only way.
I apologise for my snappy response last time... I guess the truth is hard to take!
Old 05-01-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Whatever it takes - just for today.

Hi lexy,

I missed your last post but can I say, if anyone can understand your responses it is those of us here at SR

So glad you came back and kudos to you on day 1! You have started a wonderful journey SR is a great place for support!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are here Lexi! Android it is very exciting that you are increasing you commitment to sobriety. This is a great community to find support and help. Welcome!!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"And"....I really need to figure out how to turn off the autocorrect.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Lexy,

Congratulations on day one! It’s so tough facing up and taking the plunge in to sobriety and I think you have to be ready for it. For me that meant I had to let go of any ego and be willing to hear anything, no matter how hard, as contribution. Hurt like hell sometimes, but when I listened, was willing to admit that my thinking was warped, and was open, things became a lot easier.

It’s great to hear how determined you are, keep reaching out - it makes all the difference! All the best…I love how we’re all here to support each other!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lexylou, I'm new here, but want to welcome you back. Wishing you well on your journey. This seems to be a great place to find support.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome back!

What's the plan? Care to share?
Old 05-01-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lexylou, don't dwell on what happened in the past. What matters is what's happening today.. you feeling determined and deciding not to drink. That's amazing. Every day I read something here that strengthens my resolve to stay sober and today I have you to thank. Reading your post, about how you've thought about nothing else for months and come to the conclusion that getting sober is the only way.....that reinforces my decision to never drink alcohol again. So thank you and good luck with day 1 and all the days after that. Please keep posting
Old 05-01-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi lexy - keep posting! It's great to see your thread. Take care.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck Lexylou. Sending you support! Keep posting.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for your lovely replies... Kenton- your reply really touched me- thank you for your lovely words.
My plan is...
1) don't drink!
2) keep my wits about me- know my triggers (my worst times are Friday nights- feeling like I deserve to drink after a hard week at work) and planning to do something instead which doesn't involve alcohol.
3) eat healthy
4) exercise- I've always enjoyed exercise but currently been too drunk/ hungover to do it
5) read as many books on sobriety as I can- I'm just about to start 'sober is the new black'
6) continue reading more spiritual books- these have helped to lift my mood enormously already
7) keep close to sober recovery
If anyone has any other suggestions I am definitely open to them!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lexylou View Post
I apologise for my snappy response last time... I guess the truth is hard to take!
we're glad youre back.
seems the truth is only hard for me to take when im in denial about it being the truth. denial kept me drunk.

stick around,eh.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Your list is very similar to mine, though mine is more in my head so I enjoyed reading yours. For me, every day I try and drink water and take the basic supplements I take, that makes me feel like I am looking after myself. I also try and have a bath or shower when stressed instead of watching tv etc. Simple things I guess.

Good luck.