Notices

Need drink ideas for when you go to dinner

Old 04-26-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Fun list! I almost always do a virgin mohito. Super refreshing.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The whole "craft cocktail" thing has grown to wild proportions it seems and bartenders are loving it. I have found that if you ask the bartender for something specific they really are excited about making you a special creation. You can ask for something non-alcoholic, not too sugary, bitter, fruity, with fresh herbs, with this, without that.... etc. and they love the challenge of creating something new.

That said, with dinner I prefer just plain sparkling water to not interfere with the taste of my food. I would only want a special drink before dinner.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Izze! Yummy beverage that is fruit juice mixed with sparkling water, premixed in bottle. You can buy it in the grocery store, not sure how many restaurants carry it, but we should start calling for it and more will.....
OR Italian soda, delicious drink more fruity than our soda pop. Raspberry iced tea. All more expensive than plain water or soda pop, but WAY WAY less expensive than alcohol!

At home I drink fruit juice mixed with club soda, and have developed a liking for plain lemon or lime club soda.
The first year I spoiled myself......would make sure that I had something fun and interesting to drink everywhere I went, would bring my own sparktails...... Now I can be happy with a bottle of plain water.

Things change, hit 900 sober days yesterday! Best 900 days of my life!!!!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Caffeine free diet coke. Its not sexy, but no sugar and no caffeine.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Almost always unsweetened iced tea with lemon. Sometimes sparkling water with a splash of cranberry or orange juice. If you are afraid of restaurant lemons, I recommend a product that is easy to carry - It's called True Lemon. Little packets of crystallized lemon (comes in lime, too). I always have it at home in case I run out of lemons or limes. I usually forget to slip a couple in my purse for talking to restaurants, though. I often take my chances with restaurant lemons.