Notices

Tired just Tired of my Alcoholic Sisters Nonsense!!!!

Old 04-25-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired just Tired of my Alcoholic Sisters Nonsense!!!!

My story is so long I dont even know where to start! I'm at the end of my rope with my sister and I cant seem to stop letting it effect my life. Years ago I used to get tired of the nonsense and I would pick up and move across country now I'm married to a great man that won't move and I live 3 miles from my sister and it's torture! The lies, bad parenting, DWI's, hit and runs public drunkenness, driving into a house in her neighborhood, many affairs that she didnt even remwmber she had and so much more! I really don't know what to do anymore. Help!!!!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There's not much you can do. You can't get better for her, she has to want it herself. Most you can do is limit the amount of havoc you allow her to wreak in your own life. Set some boundaries and try to love her even if you do hate her addiction. Easier said than done I know.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome to this site.

I am sorry about your sister and you having to deal with her. There is a "friends and family" of alcoholics section in the forums where you can post and get a lot of support. They are dealing with the same type of behavior with their loved ones as you are.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you told her what you think of her antics? A sister's job is to tell it like it is. Ask mine.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm sorry for your situation.

I hope that you can decide to step back and take care yourself and your husband. It sounds like your sister is not open to any good advice, and she will not likely change until she decides to do it for herself. Be kind to yourself.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm sorry for your situation and hope you can find some peace of mind and relief from her drama.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gypseelady View Post
My story is so long I dont even know where to start! I'm at the end of my rope with my sister and I cant seem to stop letting it effect my life. Years ago I used to get tired of the nonsense and I would pick up and move across country now I'm married to a great man that won't move and I live 3 miles from my sister and it's torture! The lies, bad parenting, DWI's, hit and runs public drunkenness, driving into a house in her neighborhood, many affairs that she didnt even remwmber she had and so much more! I really don't know what to do anymore. Help!!!!
I'm sorry your going through this, God knows my loved ones are at their wits end with me as well. They have been telling me for a looooong time I need to quit, and I tried it for them but it never worked, recently I've come to the conclusion myself that I need to do this for sure and that I did indeed want to do it. Like some of the other people said before me, she needs to want it for herself, even though shes family you cant let her get in between you and good times with your family and friends. Still be there for her though, but keep yourself in mind as well that's also important.

Best wishes!
Old 04-26-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome gypseelady.

theres a great friends and family of alcoholics sub forum here. you may want to visit it and even start a thread there to get some feedback/suggestions from people that had been in your shoes