Notices

time

Old 04-25-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

time

I think this is a good time for me to make a list of things I'm grateful for.
No particular order.

1. I live in a pretty nice apartment
2. The people here are friendly
3. I have no major financial problems
4. My health is great (except for a recent cold and allergy problems)
5. I have a job where I work when I want, where I want
6. I'm not starving
7. I think I still make a difference to some of the kids I work with
8. I'm still alive (don't know how)
9. able to help others when I can
10. no getting out of bed shaking
11. am present for my sister if she needs me
12. grateful that I'm relaxed and not feeling extreme anxiety
13. can sleep well
14. can deal with problems with a clear head and not over-react and make bad decisions
15. feeling more positive about my future
16. in much better shape (I live for the gym when not drinking)
17. able to try new things
18. able to distinguish between the things I have control over and the things I just have to accept.
WOW!! didn't expect such a long list when I started. Probably could add on more if I really thought about it. Hope this helps others. John
Old 04-25-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a fantastic list, John.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think it's maybe time to take a break from SR. I made a list of reasons for not drinking and got only 1 response. Some people checked it out and maybe they got something out of it, but maybe I've been a member of SR for so long and have had my ups and downs that nobody takes me seriously. "oh, that's just John, nobody to pay attention to". Maybe I'm taking this too personally cause many treads die quick, but I really thought this thread would make a difference. Whatever man. Putting out this tread wasn't easy for me but I did it even if it makes no difference to anybody but me. John
Old 04-25-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It really does help to list them out. I know it isn't easy to be vulnerable like that . I hope you keep adding to the list.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I think it's maybe time to take a break from SR. I made a list of reasons for not drinking and got only 1 response. Some people checked it out and maybe they got something out of it, but maybe I've been a member of SR for so long and have had my ups and downs that nobody takes me seriously. "oh, that's just John, nobody to pay attention to". Maybe I'm taking this too personally cause many treads die quick, but I really thought this thread would make a difference. Whatever man. Putting out this tread wasn't easy for me but I did it even if it makes no difference to anybody but me. John
I haven't been all here all day John.
I got a lot from your list. Thanks

Gratification is a basic human desire - we all want to feel our efforts matter and are appreciated...

but sometimes you never know who might read your post days weeks or even years from now, y'know?

D
Old 04-25-2017, 11:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

I appreciate the list John. Got me thinking of things I am grateful for also and how I should write them down. Thank you.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

2much,

Like Dee said.

I will piggy back that if you impact 1 person w your ideas or actions, you never know.

Great list.

I shot gun post. When the time is right, I let it fly.

This place saved my sorry self from a horrible fate.

I thank God every day for my freedom from physical addiction.

The mental addiction is a reminder for me of the living hell i endured getting clean.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mr

I liked your list and found it to be true and sincere. It meant something for you putting it up and thats the most important thing !

Your John now, John the great guy who corresponds at all those things on the list. I think nobody here can be so bold as to think of you as the guy with all those ups and downs and nobody listens to.

My life has been like an oscilloscope.
But i still have my real friends, mum, brothers, sister, my wife and daughter. I am learning myself how to handle criticism, i cant stand when people dont agree with me, i am susceptible to everything --- but hay Im working on it

I think its like what some people were saying about when we focus everything on the on single unique gaol of "NOT DRINKING" we can become a little disoriented or disconnected.

Then I started to think well there are lots of people talking about method and plans on SR maybe its time to read it properly !