Notices

Day 3 - for the millionth time !

Old 04-25-2017, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 - for the millionth time !

Hi there , I'm back again for the millionth time . I just keep caving in triggered by the appalling behaviour of my teenage son ( who I love to bits I should add). However I know , HE doesn't make me drink, I make me drink . However I have got to make it work this time - look at my name - I have been trying for four years !! I have a sober buddy in my neighbourhood with whom I communicate a couple of times a day. We are meeting this weekend. I am hoping that will make the difference !
Old 04-25-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I am sure meeting your sober buddy will help. Also, this forum is just great. I can speak for others when I say we're all with you. Keep posting.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you go to meetings? Anger can be a huge trigger.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Icandothis - I hope this time will be your time

D
Old 04-25-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job on day 3
Old 04-25-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome icandothis! You CAN day 3 tends to be a tough one for me. Depending on how/how much you drink at a go (I'm a binge drinker) day 3 is the day I feel the worst for some reason. Stick to your guns - call people if necessary :-)
Old 04-25-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 View Post
Hi there , I'm back again for the millionth time . I just keep caving in triggered by the appalling behaviour of my teenage son ( who I love to bits I should add). However I know , HE doesn't make me drink, I make me drink . However I have got to make it work this time - look at my name - I have been trying for four years !! I have a sober buddy in my neighbourhood with whom I communicate a couple of times a day. We are meeting this weekend. I am hoping that will make the difference !
Hello Ican! I've not drank in 10 days and like you I've had many attempts so I can certainly relate. I also have a teenage son and so know some of the challenges involved. It's not easy being a mum. Sometimes I want to my son but like you with your son, I love him dearly. Anyway, just wanted to say... Good on you for coming back. Make this one stick! You can do it! Congrats on day 3!
Old 04-25-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Whatever it takes - just for today.

Hello and welcome back well done on day 3, that's great!

So glad you have some local support and I hope it can help you make this your last day 3. You CAN do it

Scruff
Old 04-25-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can Ican! If I can you can Ican! Post every hour if you need to, or every 10 minutes, but make this your last time.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back. I think getting a solid plan in place would be very beneficial to stop repeating the same actions. Go to AA? Perhaps start seeing a therapist? Your son might be acting up because he's deeply hurt by your drinking?
Old 04-25-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Teenage son here too.....Love him to death, even when he is suspended from school for 5 days for beating up a kid on the school bus!

I always had a reason to drink....football game on television, it's sunny out, bad day at work, kid stuff, etc. We can always make an excuse to have a drink...but can we stick to our guns and NOT drink when the going gets tough???

YES WE CAN!