Notices

just feel weird

Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just feel weird

165 days not a drop. Just feel weird, derealization almost, kind of just along for the ride married with anxiety of why do i feel like this. Anyone relate?
Old 04-24-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Originally Posted by Cobber3 View Post
165 days not a drop. Just feel weird, derealization almost, kind of just along for the ride married with anxiety of why do i feel like this. Anyone relate?
Have you been to meetings? Worked steps?
Old 04-24-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Cobber,

I had anxiety off and on for well over a year. I still have some today.

You have to get into a sober routine of staying busy.

For example...today after work I ate a snack, watched tv, picked up my boy, made dinner, cleaned up, watched tv, went to bed.

That is a normal life for me.

That is life.

Tha ks.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cobber3 View Post
Sounds familiar. I kind of hit a rock bottom at 6 months in. Id got to the stage where i really wasnt doing much to get better apart from Not Drinking. And for me anyway, that just wasn't enough. I found this link about PAWs, and this made me realise that, as Dee always advises, I really did need to get a plan of recovery together and start working it 100%. Sure, we can sit around and just wait for it to pass, but I just wanted to die most of the time, so waiting around was becoming more and more problematic. I think the biggest turning point for me was doing the one thing I'd said for the previous 6 months that I could never do, which was getting a sponsor and actually starting to work the 12-step recovery program in AA. Previously I'd been going to one or two meetings a week and kind of hoping it'd just rub off on me. Lol. And I suppose it had given me some tools and some hope, but that doesn't help us deal with ourselves and our own faulty thinking, which I know now, is what kept me in the vortex of despair.

https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-plans-1.html

Wishing you all the best for your sobriety and recovery. BB
Old 04-24-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Since I was 4, that I know of. Booze connected me to any emotions. That is why I drank. I do not drink now and connecting to my should be default is my hard work now. Support to you.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry today feels weird it will pass stick with us
Old 04-24-2017, 11:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's pretty normal for some of us for a while Cobber.

Have you ever felt this way before tho or is this new?

D
Old 04-25-2017, 01:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cobber, I just checked through my old posts and at 160 days or so I posted about feeling disconnected to reality. That was the best way I could describe it at the time. Someone on this site kindly mentioned PAWS to me and reading about that helped me think that maybe these feelings were just another part of the recovery process. Obviously can't give medical advice but for me the feelings passed and I was only reminded of them when I read your post. Not saying it's the same for you but thought it was worth mentioning
Old 04-25-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SteveAlex View Post
Have you been to meetings? Worked steps?
This has been my solution as well. A dedicated AA program is one of the main things that saved my life and has led to a wonderful life in sobriety.

165 days is awesome! Crossing 100 was great and I loved each set of "10s" after. I do know that at different points I felt like you describe; I also had a week here and there of just plain orneriness and the like (I remember this clearly around 4 mo and then around 6 1/2-7). I definitely experienced a whole range of emotions during my first year. At 14 mo, I still do but they are much less severe and last much less time as I have better tools to deal - and sometimes, that means just being alone or going to bed early or getting away from external stimulus....sometimes it means going to an extra meeting even if I don't feel like it.

You can do this.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am almost at 7 months and the one thing that I feel really put me over the hump was starting an exercise regimen. It helped a lot with anxiety and my mood overall.

I started exercising at about 5 months.