Administrator

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2

we continue from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-one-21.html

D
Old 04-24-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Emme-
Hang in there and concentrate on just staying sober...if that means working out then do it!
Smiles
Old 04-24-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Simply Free

Hi Simply Free,
Thanks for the words of encouragement in our first thread. The AV is very loud right now for a good many of us. Hopefully we will get through it togther as Team April!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Taplow

I like some your post about all the things we put our mind to 'not doing.' I just took a look around my house, observing all the chores I need to get done, and thought to myself ' this house is an outward reflection of my chaotic drinking mind!' Now I just need to find the energy to tackle something!!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Help! Crazy Imatience and lack of tolerance!

Hi All. Day 11 today. I was wondering how y'all are doing with your irritability. I am finding myself to have zero tolerance to annoyances. It is waaayyyy beyond normal. I am seriously worried about damage control. I have stressful job and I can see that I have obviously used drinking to cope with the stress, as in, ' just get through the day and you can have a nice glass of wine to take the edge off ( or bottle as it actually was). Now, the edge doesn't go away! I go to sleep with it and I wake up with it. I know this will pass but in the meantime, I don't want to damage my work reputation or relationships. I don't really want to get Meds. . Should I though? Or should I ask for some time off until it passes? How long do you think it will take? I don't want to announce to my co-workers that ' I am an alcoholic who is quitting drinking so bear with me.' I am trying to control it but sometimes it gets the better of me. I just feel like a raging hormone or like I am th bat holder in this smilie! Ugh!
Old 04-24-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oops. Made a mistake in my last post

Oops. I asked about meds n my last post. I wasn't really asking medical advice...just venting. And joking a bit. I don't know how to edit a post once it is up and after I posted I re- read the rule that said don't ask for medical advice. Doh. Sorry if it seemed like I was.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's nearly bedtime here. I keep myself busy all evening fixing and cleaning. I think I'm safely through day 9. I haven't made it 11 days since Jan 2014. My Mom passed the first week of Jan, 2014, and I spent those days sitting with her in the hospital. When my Dad died 6 weeks later.....I think that was too much and my consumption ramped up. I was already battling depression and that was like falling into the abyss. It's taken til now to right myself enough to try and get free of the depression and stop medicating all the emotions. Today was a good day! Tomorrow will be better. The 11th day I'll be paranoid.....lol!
Old 04-24-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nice to see friends old and new in this Class.
Stay alert, stay focused on what we want to achieve, take good and gentle care, stay close to SR.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Crappy evening here, but the junk food was off the hook! Lol
Old 04-24-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
It's nearly bedtime here. I keep myself busy all evening fixing and cleaning. I think I'm safely through day 9. I haven't made it 11 days since Jan 2014. My Mom passed the first week of Jan, 2014, and I spent those days sitting with her in the hospital. When my Dad died 6 weeks later.....I think that was too much and my consumption ramped up. I was already battling depression and that was like falling into the abyss. It's taken til now to right myself enough to try and get free of the depression and stop medicating all the emotions. Today was a good day! Tomorrow will be better. The 11th day I'll be paranoid.....lol!
Keep up the good work, you have a great outlook that I can learn from.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for the new thread Dee. 24 days and counting!!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Tertor, maybe you don't have to give any details but let them know you are dealing with issues right now. Would your coworkers respect that approach and understand?
Old 04-24-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning - It's the morning of day 2 for me. Rough night and feel like death but not picked up a bottle. Congrats to others.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tertor

it's pretty common to be a little on edge...I didn't take any meds and I pretty much calmed down after two weeks.

Everyone gets a little irritable sometimes, stressed or has a bad day - I'd bet the last thing your workmates are thinking about is 'tertor's withdrawing from alcohol'...

if you'll feel better taking time off and you have some up your sleeve, go for it.

If you do, just make some plans before hand - keep busy and occupied - being bored and sitting around the house can be a killer.

D
Old 04-25-2017, 12:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dreamsoffreedom, day 2, that's great! You can do this!

I'm on day 5. Thinking of going to my first AA meeting ever today... Makes me very anxious just thinking about it. During my last stint of sobriety (8 years), I tried to do it by myself, but it was very lonely. I've vowed to do everything different this time, so that's why I'm thinking I really need to try AA. But I'm very shy and have social anxiety (why is it so hard to talk to people sober?!)

Sending encouragement to all of you, have an amazing sober Tuesday!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure a lot of folks in AA feel the same way you do Verona.
I hope you decide to at least give it a go

D
Old 04-25-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 2. AA meeting last night - very supportive - I stopped for 3 years but it was very lonely - think I need others to stay sober.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Verona - You have nothing to lose by giving it a try. I felt the same and if it wasn't for AA, I most likely wouldn't be on day 22 I love AA and never thought I would.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 22 - didn't make an AA meeting yesterday due to doctor appts and bad timing, but I have one of my favorites (the Tuesday meeting is the first one I walked into on Day 1, so it has a special place in my heart) today. When they say in AA they suggest you do 90 meetings in 90 days, they mean daily but I'll do an extra meeting this week to make up for yesterday. Everything seems to be happening for a reason now that I'm on a better path, so one day this week I may 2 meetings in 1 day.

So HELLO Tuesday! Have 3 weeks of sobriety. This week for a treat for myself, I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. HAHA, most people do that regularly. I haven't had a hair cut since last summer, so I'm excited about it!

Have a wonderful Sober day Classmates! Peace be with you
Old 04-25-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Beefree good job on your sobriety xx you really are an inspiration for me to get back to an AA meeting, i know they do help and if i went maybe i wouldn't be having such a bad time the past few weeks. Enjoy getting your haircut its always best to have something done nice to ourselves it makes up for all the money we are saving in not drinking x
I am over due to get back on the track at the gym. The best thing we can do is do something at least once a day to do something positive for ourselves, so i need to get back doing that also. One positive thing is my daughter is coming for a visit for a week or more so i am excited about that. Have to put my good head on!

good luck and welcome to all the new comers also xx have great day

oh yeah its 43 days for me xx