SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Happy to be here (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/408450-happy-here.html)

WeaverBird 04-23-2017 01:21 PM

Happy to be here

Im 38 hours sober and so grateful to be reading all the posts here. It's really helped with the anxiety. Some great advice. Ive been drinking heavily on and off for two years, going through withdrawal then starting again 5 times now. Just coming off a three week binge. Terrified myself, am terrified. Glad i found you anyway.

SteveAlex 04-23-2017 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Weev1l (Post 6425843)
Im 38 hours sober and so grateful to be reading all the posts here. It's really helped with the anxiety. Some great advice. Ive been drinking heavily on and off for two years, going through withdrawal then starting again 5 times now. Just coming off a three week binge. Terrified myself, am terrified. Glad i found you anyway.

Welcome. Congrats on the 38 hours! So glad you found us!!

SoberLeigh 04-23-2017 01:31 PM

Welcome, Weev1; so very glad you found us.

We are here for you and solidly in your corner.

VigilanceNow 04-23-2017 01:44 PM

Good for you on 38 hours!! Be sure to be careful with yourself, as I know how frightening withdrawal is. Try to get a sober action plan in place for yourself with a sober network of people in your area. For me, that was key... And it kept me accountable to people who wouldn't let me get away with my usual crap :-) it was scary at first, but so worth it!

tufty13 04-23-2017 03:03 PM

Welcome to SR Weev1l,

This place is an amazing resource for finding help and encouragement in achieving sobriety, so stick around and post and read and study, and...and...and

Good luck :-)

Hevyn 04-23-2017 03:11 PM

We're so glad to have you with us, Weev. We all understand how you feel - this is a great place to share our thoughts & emotions as we begin our new life.

Incontrol15 04-23-2017 03:14 PM

Welcome! And congrats on following through with your declaration to be quit 38hrs ago.

This first 24 was hard to do for me. I made several declarations in the past and not even make it half a day, never mind a day and a half!

That's awesome!

SimplyFree 04-23-2017 03:42 PM

Welcome....we are all here for each other, for the same reason, to get free of alcohol. You've come to the right place! Welcome!

Dee74 04-23-2017 05:24 PM

Welcome Weev1l :)

D

Freedom17 04-23-2017 06:03 PM

Welcome!! You and I are close in sobriety time...I'm right at 43 hours! We can do this!!

WeaverBird 04-23-2017 07:47 PM

Just woke up with jolt and thought I'd check in. Amazing to see all your replies. So glad you're out there. It's pitch black outside and not a sound. I could be on another planet. I don't feel well but you know how it goes. Totally convinced I'll drink again. What is wrong with me.

SoberLeigh 04-23-2017 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Weev1l (Post 6426464)
Just woke up with jolt and thought I'd check in. Amazing to see all your replies. So glad you're out there. It's pitch black outside and not a sound. I could be on another planet. I don't feel well but you know how it goes. Totally convinced I'll drink again. What is wrong with me.

You do not have to drink again. That voice in your head is your AV (addictive voice); it lies and cares not one iota about you.

We do care about; trust us; stay close.

Post before you pick up that drink.

SoberLeigh 04-23-2017 07:52 PM

Instead of drinking, think about formulating a plan for sobriety.

I'll link a few great threads in a moment.

SoberLeigh 04-23-2017 07:53 PM

As promised, first of two:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...highlight=psst

SoberLeigh 04-23-2017 07:55 PM

The second:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...=recovery+plan

WeaverBird 04-23-2017 08:06 PM

Thank you. It's like I'm in a parallel universe. I have such a pain in my liver but I'm thinking if I can make it through to Friday I can do such and such and it'll make me feel bad after and I'll have my perfect excuse etc etc. That's not right thinking is it? Feel , well I don't know what the word is for this kind of guilty. I'll have a read

WeaverBird 04-24-2017 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Freedom17 (Post 6426328)
Welcome!! You and I are close in sobriety time...I'm right at 43 hours! We can do this!!

I hope you're still okay? Weev

WeaverBird 04-24-2017 06:45 AM

Okay i need a drink, I'm going to drink, i can feel it. What do I do? What the hell can i do? I feel so sick.

PhoenixJ 04-24-2017 06:55 AM

Welcome

soberandhonest 04-24-2017 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Weev1l (Post 6426956)
Okay i need a drink, I'm going to drink, i can feel it. What do I do? What the hell can i do? I feel so sick.

Don't Drink! Go for a walk, get some ice cream or other sugar in your body, binge on your favorite TV episode, go see your doctor, call a loved one and ask them to come over, keep posting here, exercise, get a journal and write in it, do anything but don't drink!