Notices

Happy to be here

Old 04-24-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Weev: I hope you are okay. Just remember that withdrawal from alcohol can be very dangerous. If you are feeling sick, you should get to a medical facility right away. They can and will help and you can detox safely.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
Okay i need a drink, I'm going to drink, i can feel it. What do I do? What the hell can i do? I feel so sick.
Can you get to the ER; they can make the withdrawal much more comfortable, Weev.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Okay this is what i did. Went out bought vodka, came home, took swig, panicked thought id just check these pages, saw your replies, cried, poured vodka down toilet. Went out again ate huge Dominos pizza and pepsi. Am going to an AA meeting in an hour. I don't want to drink with all my soul. Thank you for being there. I don't want to be alone. That sounds pathetic. It was literally like drinking poison.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are never alone, here, Weev.

God job on pouring out the poison.

We truly care about you.

Stock your freezer with ice cream - it was my go-to.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good job Weev! Keep posting!
Old 04-24-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Thanks guys i think you might have saved my life. Back from meeting and feel more positive than i have in years. Don't want to drink. nice people. Cant remember much except something about self will running riot and someones driving me to another one tomorrow. Tired enough to sleep i hope. Thanx
Old 04-24-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks guys i think you might have saved my life. Back from meeting and feel more positive than i have in years. Don't want to drink. nice people. Cant remember much except something about self will running riot and someones driving me to another one tomorrow. Tired enough to sleep i hope. Thanx
, Weev.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you for taking action & not falling back on the old crutch. I did that for decades. I hope you can get some rest, Weev. Things will get easier.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Proud of you for taking action & not falling back on the old crutch. I did that for decades. I hope you can get some rest, Weev. Things will get easier.
Thanks H Thought I would sleep. Insomnia. Bah. Dyou know how long it will last? Time has stopped. And headache from hell
Old 04-24-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That was a big problem for me in the early days. I think it took about a week for me to relax enough to sleep - we promise it will get better.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
That was a big problem for me in the early days. I think it took about a week for me to relax enough to sleep - we promise it will get better.
I'll just keep reading. Can't believe so many people are going through this at same time as me. Never thought alcohol was dangerous
Old 04-24-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey Weev, well done for coming here first and posting before you drink.

Try drinking water. Lots of it. I made up jugs of water and fresh lemons and drank almost to the point of discomfort.

Then do something different. Something you wouldn't normally do. Something that has no associations with drinking.

Stay here and look around. Read everything. Read up online about the horrible impact drinking has on our bodies and lives.

Imagine in your mind's eye just how it will end up for you if you pick up again. You just have to re-read your first post to get a feel of how it's going to be.

Good luck. Stay close to here.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
Hey Weev, well done for coming here first and posting before you drink.

Try drinking water. Lots of it. I made up jugs of water and fresh lemons and drank almost to the point of discomfort.

Then do something different. Something you wouldn't normally do. Something that has no associations with drinking.

Stay here and look around. Read everything. Read up online about the horrible impact drinking has on our bodies and lives.

Imagine in your mind's eye just how it will end up for you if you pick up again. You just have to re-read your first post to get a feel of how it's going to be.

Good luck. Stay close to here.
Christ, did I write that? I don't think I had any choice how long the binge would last. I done some really bad things in the last two years. I can't remember a lot of other stuff but I've got some nasty scars, black eyes etc from it. Hope I never remember. I'm still pretty frightened tonight. Reading stuff made me think my problems might have been caused by alcohol not helped. I feel I don't know how I feel. Numbskull, sums it up. Don't know how I'll ever fix this. Trying not to eff around tho
Old 04-24-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Christ, did I write that? I don't think I had any choice how long the binge would last. I done some really bad things in the last two years. I can't remember a lot of other stuff but I've got some nasty scars, black eyes etc from it. Hope I never remember. I'm still pretty frightened tonight. Reading stuff made me think my problems might have been caused by alcohol not helped. I feel I don't know how I feel. Numbskull, sums it up. Don't know how I'll ever fix this. Trying not to eff around tho
Most of us have been there Weev, probably all of us actually.

The stuff is poison. It's a health stealer, it's a life stealer.

There are plenty of folk here who will tell you that it doesn't have to be this way though. Keep pushing through, stay sober for a few days and then a few days more and miracles happen.

Trust me, I was in your spot not that long ago. If I told you how brilliant things turned out for me, you wouldn't believe me.

Make a decision on what you want to do though.

Are you here because your last binge frightened you and you want some support for a while until you clear your head - ready to go again?

Or are you here here because you want to change your life and wake up every morning feeling and being the best possible person you can be?

Whichever it is, I wish the very best. Good luck mate. :-)
Old 04-24-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
Most of us have been there Weev, probably all of us actually.

The stuff is poison. It's a health stealer, it's a life stealer.

There are plenty of folk here who will tell you that it doesn't have to be this way though. Keep pushing through, stay sober for a few days and then a few days more and miracles happen.

Trust me, I was in your spot not that long ago. If I told you how brilliant things turned out for me, you wouldn't believe me.

Make a decision on what you want to do though.

Are you here because your last binge frightened you and you want some support for a while until you clear your head - ready to go again?

Or are you here here because you want to change your life and wake up every morning feeling and being the best possible person you can be?

Whichever it is, I wish the very best. Good luck mate. :-)
This is pretty powerful stuff, those questions. I guess I'm pretty stunned I didn't go back on the voddie earlier tbh. Just happy the craving went away. i didn't know the second bit was an option. I'm pretty stupid I guess. How would that even happen?
Old 04-25-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Just checking in. Slept deeply finally, woke with no craving, did some chores (only five more weeks worth to go), craving now. Dreading this meeting tonight. Like take-a-drink-to-avoid-going bad. Shakes feel deeper in my body than before. Almost no sweats.

Still thinking if I want that promise of a good life without alcohol (not easy when you're as confused as me) and am a bit astounded that I would/could even consider choosing my life so far with alcohol. I learning so much here. I've got wrong thoughts in my head.

Been reading posts from others on Day 4 and really hoping everyone's sticking with it.

Good will to you all today.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Nice job so far Weev! Keep posting. I'm glad you got some good sleep - that will help. Sounds like perhaps you are close to moving on from the initial withdrawals - which is a huge turning point. It's really critical that you make it through today. You don't want to start this incredibly difficult process over again. Read about kindling and how, every time you go through withdrawals, the process is likely to get worse. Also, I highly recommend that you spend some time writing out a recovery plan for yourself. A written recovery plan, along with a good dose of exercise (which was part of my plan), are the two things that I credit most for getting through those early days. Good luck to you. Keep posting. And take time to congratulate yourself! You are doing something that many addicts are, tragically, unable to do. You are giving yourself the greatest gift you could ever give - freedom.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Well done weev especially tipping the poison away 🙌🏽 High five for that
Im 17 days 14 hours free and its the best ive ever felt
Gym or walking helps
Get out as much as you can ie friends , meetings, walking, anything !!
We are all here for you keep your chin up thinking of you x
Old 04-25-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Fighting a battle to go to this meeting tonight. There's 75 minutes til I leave.
Why does time go so effing slowly in withdrawal?
Why am i not running as fast as i can towards good things? Aaahhhhhhh. Swearing, lots of swearing. I've been angry then numb all afternoon.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Keep Going

What was that about a recovery plan. What's the first thing I should write. A lot of info on those links. Get pen and paper. Ha ha ha ha ha. Thats what Im standing up to do now. Finding that should take me the next hour and then it'll be time to leave. Why am i so thick