Notices

Slipped on day four. Will this ever end?

Old 04-23-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Freedom. I, too, know that I can't stop at just one. Playing the tape all the way through is something I really need to get better at. When I think of using I should pause and think of the consequences. I might think things are bad right now, but they can always get worse.
Congrats on 9 days!
Old 04-23-2017, 01:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
Just blocked and deleted the numbers of all my connects, and destroyed my needles. It was hard to do. I guess it was a comfort thing knowing I had the numbers and the rigs if I needed them. But I feel good having done it.
I had an enthusiastic 'weekend' cocaine issue (went hand in hand with the booze...two pints down and its clarion call was always there)...tried at first not to ring dealers numbers but invariably did.....the thing that worked for me was doing just what you did, deleted all numbers and contacts and made it nigh on impossible to make a call....at first I recall leaving a few numbers in my phone of oddball one off characters I'd met in Soho when I lived down there, who I'd met on a bender and had a "great" night with and who I knew could put me in touch with their connects.....left them there to give me an option I guess (an obvious play by the Addict in me in hindsight)......yep, sometimes I called them ....they had to go in the end.....deleted all possible connections.....after a bit and it wasn't all that long for me thankfully a new coke free normal developed.

Looking back and simply put I just really really wanted to stop using.....and I went to the lengths I needed to to effect it......
Old 04-23-2017, 01:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

there is a point,. you know - you posted here. Meetings help me- it's free- and the stories are as good (I think) as much advice professionals give. Finances- can you negotiate- make up payment plan? See your doctor- w/d can trigger relapses. Remember to hydrate and eat. Post when you feel anything, anytime. Support and lots of empathy to you.