Notices

Reaching Out

Old 04-22-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reaching Out

Hey Y'all...
Just looking for some needed support I'm 18 days sober and doing well, but I've found myself in a frustrating situation and I'm looking for a reaching hand. I'm currently working on my steps with a WONDERFUL AA group and sponsor.
My current issue at hand is that I've asked my parents who watch my children on the weekends not to use spanking as discipline. I have other ways of reprimanding bad behavior. I am being meet with a lot of resistance and I don't feel like my voice is being heard. I also feel like they are backing me into a corner, my old ways would have be reaching for the bottle but I refuse to be that person anymore. I'm just reaching out for support from fellow drunks like me. I did look for a local meeting (I work in the city but live in the country) but unfortunately the next one here is open to men only(I almost thought about going anyways, ha). I so enjoy my local group and will be going to my local groups meeting tonight. I guess, I just needed to get my feelings out and not keep them lock up.

Thanks for letting me vent y'all.
-TX
Old 04-22-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yeah.

I was "spanked" with a three foot piece of wood and smacked across the face, and it has damaged me. No one gets out of that intact. The people who most love a child should not be hitting them - it's messed up. Good for you for protecting them.

I hope you will find a way to have someone safe care for your children. Ask your AA group if there are meetings with child care on site - I know in my area there are several.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That would be a deal breaker for me, TXStrong. I can see why you're upset.

Maybe a heart to heart with your parents would be the way to go? Set firm boundaries. I assume you have no one else to watch your children?
Old 04-22-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would go to any lengths to stop that situation.

Not only is it abuse to your children, it's disrespectful to you.

Your children will be paying the price for the brutal punishments for the rest of their lives. I was a child in a similar situation and it's not something that easily goes away. I'm sure it's very stressful for you, and I hope and pray you can find an alternate care situation for your children.