Notices

Food !!

Old 04-21-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Food !!

On day 13 here i love SR just helps when i check in first thing throughout day and last thing at night
Well done all 👍🏽 I am inspired by your threads/stories
My sweet craving is another level at the moment ive only lost 2lb in 2 weeks which is disappointing considering i workout 5/6 a week
Its the food cravings 🙀 I decided to get out of bed and make a ham sandwich late last night with crisps and a handful of mini eggs (for god sake) i wasnt even hungry so today im stopping myself of that too

Heres to another sober free weekend we got this 👍🏽💪🏽
Old 04-21-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Femaleboss1980 View Post
On day 13 here i love SR just helps when i check in first thing throughout day and last thing at night
Well done all 👍🏽 I am inspired by your threads/stories
My sweet craving is another level at the moment ive only lost 2lb in 2 weeks which is disappointing considering i workout 5/6 a week
Its the food cravings 🙀 I decided to get out of bed and make a ham sandwich late last night with crisps and a handful of mini eggs (for god sake) i wasnt even hungry so today im stopping myself of that too

Heres to another sober free weekend we got this 👍🏽💪🏽
Great job on nearly two weeks! And don't sweat the food thing. Your body probably needs it to help recover. Not only that, don't try and take on too much at once. Just don't let yourself balloon up!😉
Old 04-21-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

still better than drinking. So is posting
Old 04-21-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In the early days our blood sugar is all messed up because our bodies are used to that constant supply of liquid calories that is basically sugar water.

Most of us crave sugar in the early months as a result...seems like lots of people even gain weight in the beginning, especially since water retention kicks in as well. But it eventually evens out.

You're doing the healthiest thing possible for yourself...stay focused on that accomplishment and not ask too much of yourself otherwise?

Sending you a hug.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

At what point does "it" start leveling out?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For me, I got my sugar eating more under control after a few months, although it certainly crops up under stress...it's still less damaging than a bottle of wine.

My set point on my weight is now around seven pounds lower than it was when I was drinking. I'd say that took about nine months, but I'm older and have hormonal stuff going on in addition. That's why the comparisons to others aren't always helpful...physiologically, we all have a unique combination of genetics, basal metabolic rate, and activity levels.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Aeris that makes sense im certainly not setting myself up to fail ie quitting sweet stuff too but snacking sandwiches at bedtime whilst not hungry is just greed (eeekkkk)
Gym again today boxercise it helped a lot

Anything is better food wise than wine

Ive finished off the other half of a small easter egg today plus a cadburys cream egg other than that ive eaten healthy

Thanks all you rock 💪🏽👍🏽
Old 04-21-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Apologies Aries
Old 04-21-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome job! I'm also on day 13 and i'm still having my ups and downs...but like you i've had a sweet toothe since around day 5
Old 04-21-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Scoot so glad its common we can all have sweet tooth together i was like this straight away i think (poss day 3)

As mentioned id rather have chocolate than poison 🙌🏽

Heres to another sober weekend well done on day 13 also x
Old 04-22-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

For me the sugar craving was a phase and it only lasted about three weeks. It was funny because everyone in the SR "class" got it about the same time and all we posted about was ice cream, Blizzards, frosties, mcflurrys, for a while. It was a fun period, but I'm glad the sugar cravings stopped. I still have a drawer of plastic spoons I saved from all the blizzards I bought.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hahaha thats funny well 2 weeks today so fingers crossed im coming to the end of it
Thank you x
Old 04-22-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on 2 weeks FB
Old 04-22-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you SW x
Old 04-23-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I ate All The Food when I quit. It's better than drinking and will level out eventually. For me, I figured I was having low blood sugar episodes as my body was used to having massive injections of calories in a short period of time- I was a binge drinker.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yes me too
My chocolate craving has eased off today so im hoping thats it

How long did your cravings last? Im not craving fatty food or take aways which is bonus

Thank you for taking the time to response
Old 04-23-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I found it improved after a week. I started making better choices about what I was eating- forcing myself to have breakfast and then having a decent lunch helped a lot. I also started to drink a lot of water too.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Definitely normal... I also drank so much water but couldn't seem to hold any of it down. Two weeks is awesome but your body takes a little while to snap back, especially if you were a binge drinker like me. I had to take vitamin supplements etc because I was so depleted... I was a vodka drinker.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Mine was wine 2/3 bottles 3/4 times a week, lately on a couple of occasions i would wake up intoxicated and carry on (very bad place)

Congrats on your journey x
Old 04-23-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VigilanceNow View Post
Definitely normal... I also drank so much water but couldn't seem to hold any of it down. Two weeks is awesome but your body takes a little while to snap back, especially if you were a binge drinker like me. I had to take vitamin supplements etc because I was so depleted... I was a vodka drinker.
Forgot to mention im taking vitamins drinking 2.2ltr of water a day and going to gym at least 5x a week
I feel great how long have you been sober ?