SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/408262-hello.html)

rainyengland 04-21-2017 02:27 AM

Hello!

Da Dah! I'm back :-)

Been stalking you all this week !

After 4 months clean 18 months ago with amazing support from SF I decided I was a adult and could handle a glass of wine 😂

Fast forward 18 months of hell and 2 bottles a day plus I'm now on day 7 clean !

One day at a time and not one more sip ! Lesson learnt big style and also keep using SF to keep me on rails rather than mr know it all after a few months

Very good to be back !!

SimplyFree 04-21-2017 02:54 AM

Glad your back! Our AV can get to us sometimes. I'm glad your getting back to sobriety.

InASilentWay 04-21-2017 03:00 AM

Welcome back, RainyEngland. I am at the four month stage, with recurring drinking dreams and occasional "I can have a glass" thinking. Do share your experience of the 18 month period as well. A lot of us may have something to learn from that. Keep posting!

Dee74 04-21-2017 03:10 AM

Welcome back :)

Do you think you can dismiss those drinking again thoughts as fantasies now, if they come back?

D

rainyengland 04-21-2017 05:43 AM

I hope so Dee - last 18 months I went from bad to worse,Christmas Day was the trigger when it all went wrong - every morning after that I made the promise to quit but it just got out of hand again and a LOT worse

Catalyst this time was my sister - said I always looked tanned ..I knew why..I snapped a selfie of myself and could plainly see I am killing myself , look terrible

I think I understand now that this is it - I can't drink again ..ever ..I'm not going through it any more,for me most importantly but for my wife and children ..I'm not being that drunk husband and father

I buried my father this year and miss him terribly - He was a saint and died of old age,I can't put my kids through my self destruction and end up dead

I wanna be a saint like my dad !!

least 04-21-2017 05:51 AM

Welcome back! :) What are you going to do differently this time to make sure you don't drink?

kenton 04-21-2017 06:16 AM

Nice to meet you rainyengland

I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. My dad died recently too. Alcohol took him to an early grave and sometimes when I think about never being able to speak to him again, the pain feels so raw, it feels like I've been punched in the stomach.

When I'm having a bad day, I like to picture my dad in heaven; sober and happy and cheering me on. I can't think of any better way to honour his memory than not drinking today.

Wishing you lots of luck and strength

Dee74 04-21-2017 03:10 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, RE but sounds like you have a great example and role model to follow :)

D

PhoenixJ 04-21-2017 03:52 PM

welcome. support to you

SteveAlex 04-21-2017 04:13 PM

Welcome
Back. I too went out for 4-5 years. Its not fun out there. Glad you made it!

tomls 04-21-2017 04:54 PM

Welcome back!!

Hevyn 04-21-2017 06:17 PM

Rainyengland - I'm so sorry you lost your father. Very glad you decided to come back to us and give this another go. We know you can do it.

Mattq2 04-21-2017 06:25 PM

Sorry about your loss rainy, it's great that your back though.

courage2 04-21-2017 06:45 PM

Welcome back, rainyengland!

rainyengland 04-22-2017 12:23 PM

Thanks everyone 😊 Great to be back !

columbus 04-22-2017 01:32 PM

"After 4 months clean 18 months ago with amazing support from SF I decided I was a adult and could handle a glass of wine"

Sorry you had to learn this lesson (and hope you LEARNED IT!).

I had to learn it (and hope I LEARNED IT!).

That being said, I think it is incredibly important for people to hear stories like this.

Over and over and over.

What's true for others is true for all of us.

Once full-blown alcoholism has come into play there is NO going back to drinking normally.

SoberLeigh 04-22-2017 01:39 PM

Welcome back, rainyengland.

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your father.