Notices

Day 1 again

Old 04-21-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Verona - if you don't mind me asking, what brought on the relapse after your years of sobriety?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Verona View Post
Hey everyone!

I have just poured out all alcohol in the house again. So I'm on my Day 1. I had 8 years of sobriety when I relapsed 3 years ago. It's been a struggle ever since. Feeling really scared right now, I have to make it this time. Thanks for reading!
The great thing about having already had an extended period of sobriety time is that you KNOW you can do it, again. Like I said in the April thread, I had 4 years 3 months of sobriety until last November. WE can do this together, Verona!
Old 04-21-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Givingup54 View Post
As hard as quitting is, I think it's harder living that way.
Dang, isn't THAT the truth?!?! That would make a great tagline in the signature area.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Tnek97, I don't mind you asking at all! I've been thinking a lot about it myself since my relapse. I loved many things about my sober life but I was also very restless, anxious, bored... In hindsight I think I didn't do enough other positive changes in my life, I just quit drinking. Also my identity was very much tied into being "the life of the party", so I just felt completely lost, didn't know who I was after so many years of partying. But of course nothing improved by drinking again, I was more miserable and now also very drunk. This time I'm determined to really work on my recovery, it's not enough to just quit drinking as you all know... Thanks again for asking!
Old 04-21-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
The great thing about having already had an extended period of sobriety time is that you KNOW you can do it, again. Like I said in the April thread, I had 4 years 3 months of sobriety until last November. WE can do this together, Verona!
Yes, this!! So true, we can do this together! PippoRossi! Happy Birthday by the way!!
Old 04-21-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

PippoRossi, Thank you and Happy Birthday! I hope it's a fabulous day! I think I'll take that advice and add it to my signature line. It's getting to be that time of day... Staying strong! Hope you all are, too!
Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm enjoying a family movie night, sober! How relaxing to actually focus on the movie instead of worrying about how I can sneak away and refill my glass without anyone noticing... And then worrying about trying to act sober and wondering if anyone notices that I'm anything but!
Old 04-21-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm enjoying a family movie night, sober! How relaxing to actually focus on the movie instead of worrying about how I can sneak away and refill my glass without anyone noticing... And then worrying about trying to act sober and wondering if anyone notices that I'm anything but!
Uggghhh! Been there, done that! Madness, isn't it?!?!?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

That is so wonderful Verona! Enjoy!
Old 04-21-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Verona nice to meet you... I have had plenty of starts and stops and now I am on day 3. Let's make a commitment together to spend a sovber weekend!
Old 04-21-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WildernessVoice View Post
Hi Verona nice to meet you... I have had plenty of starts and stops and now I am on day 3. Let's make a commitment together to spend a sovber weekend!
Yes WildernessVoice, let's do that! We can do this together! How's it going for you? Weekends are hard... But I'm so happy, my first sober Friday in a very long time! Hope you're doing well!