Notices

BMX season is here, and so am I!

Old 04-17-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

BMX season is here, and so am I!

Hope it's alright that I post this here, just wanted to share another thing I'm looking forward to being sober for, I do regret the times I spent hung over and grouchy so much, thanks for looking and remove if needed.

It's that time of year again, snowboards are put away and it's time to pull the bikes out, this will be my 8 year olds 4 th season racing, I love to watch him race, it's one of my favorite things to do, and I'm looking forward to watching without feeling like crap, Sunday is race day so that was usually my recovery day from the weekend, anyway really excited to get back out there, going tonight to start some track maintenance.

Here's a few pics from last season, he finished 3rd out of 17 kids in his age group last year, he's pretty good on that bike, he was never into traditional sports, snowboarding and BMX are his thing.

My Dad and I went on a 19 hour road trip to get this bike for him last year, it was too good of deal to pass on but the guy wouldn't ship it and wanted cash in hand so I called Dad and asked him if he wanted to go for a cruise, the boy had skills training the next day and we made it back just in time with it, the things you'll do for your kids, lol

Loaded for track maintaince tonight, the last time I took the bobcat there in the fall I was so hungover I didn't want to be there, so dumb looking back at it now.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ha. Love it. I was into BMX as a kid and had a Redline!
Old 04-17-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you sportsdeck,
My kids were in all kinds of sports. It was a very special time in my life. Enjoy every second of it. I'm older than you and it goes by in the blink of an eye. They are men now. Being a good dad is the most important task in our life. Good for you😀
Old 04-18-2017, 12:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

As a kid I had a red bmx it's how I chipped both my front teeth a thing I now look back on with such pride (I really do)

Seriously loved reading this keep doing your thing Sportsdeck

And well done to your kid thats an awesome achievement

Epic pics reminded me heavily of a place I used to ride as a kid
Old 04-18-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

nice

thanks for posting