Help! I've got a tenner!!!

Old 04-16-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes FJ hey are excellent links to help with urges & cravings
Old 04-16-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frostyjack2017 View Post
Hello there, yeah you are so so right! I will have to get used to the filthy lucre again (money) and how to use it positively because at the moment every single note has frost jack stamped on it not the queens head. Jeez. You sound like you have battled this before and I cherish your wise words. We can do it together.
I'm a bit like Alice... I've give myself such very good advice but I very seldom follow it...

Certainly explains the trouble im always in, jeez!

I know it's not funny but I did giggle a bit about the frost jack in place of the queens head! I get it, I really do! What is it they say at meetings? This too shall pass... and it will. Then Jack Frost will be on your telly or somewhere else and it starts all over again! I don't mean to be a downer, It gets easier to deal with and life will exist without thinking of alcohol at some point. We just need to tough out these early days. I'm not having any cravings yet. I didn't in my last three weeks either. Not sure why as I have had them quite badly during past attempts. I did three weeks and then bang! Just like that! No craving just, eff it I'm having a drink! Didn't see it coming. Have you decide what to do with the tenner yet? You could start a little saving pot, see how much you would have wasted if you were still drinking? Give it someone to look after if you don't trust yourself? You're doing good, keep it up!

I can't wait for this day to end. It's 5.30 so I've the evening to get through. Praying for a better tomorrow BC I could seriously throw myself of a bridge today ugh!
Old 04-16-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Jack . . . you got this!!
Old 04-16-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
AA member

Have you got any contact numbers of people from AA ?Someone who could give you a lift to a meeting.If not you can always call the local helpline and ask if there is anyone who can.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Funtimefranky View Post
I'm a bit like Alice... I've give myself such very good advice but I very seldom follow it...

Certainly explains the trouble im always in, jeez!

I know it's not funny but I did giggle a bit about the frost jack in place of the queens head! I get it, I really do! What is it they say at meetings? This too shall pass... and it will. Then Jack Frost will be on your telly or somewhere else and it starts all over again! I don't mean to be a downer, It gets easier to deal with and life will exist without thinking of alcohol at some point. We just need to tough out these early days. I'm not having any cravings yet. I didn't in my last three weeks either. Not sure why as I have had them quite badly during past attempts. I did three weeks and then bang! Just like that! No craving just, eff it I'm having a drink! Didn't see it coming. Have you decide what to do with the tenner yet? You could start a little saving pot, see how much you would have wasted if you were still drinking? Give it someone to look after if you don't trust yourself? You're doing good, keep it up!

I can't wait for this day to end. It's 5.30 so I've the evening to get through. Praying for a better tomorrow BC I could seriously throw myself of a bridge today ugh!
hey buddy. Thanks for reply. I gave the money to my daughter. I'm spending it tomorrow on eBay he he x
Old 04-17-2017, 12:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleKnight View Post
Keep pushing through Jack . . . you got this!!
Hi thank you for your kind but powerful words. It means so much just to be acknowledged and listened to. Thank you purple knight. Hope you have a productive day
Old 04-17-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Keep posting
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frostyjack2017 View Post
hey buddy. Thanks for reply. I gave the money to my daughter. I'm spending it tomorrow on eBay he he x
That's good to here. I was actually wondering through the the night and hoping you stayed strong! So glad you did! Keep it up!
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 48heath View Post
Have you got any contact numbers of people from AA ?Someone who could give you a lift to a meeting.If not you can always call the local helpline and ask if there is anyone who can.
hey do you know I do have 1 number but this person is an old timer and they only go once in a while now understandably. So I'm quite stuck until my car is on the road again. Bummer
Old 04-17-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the forum frostyjack. There's tons of support here.

This group helped me turn my life around

D