Notices

Sober, but lost everything.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Flashback!!
Old 04-16-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best advice I can give is keep posting and don't drink flashback - that was more than enough for me to concentrate on to start with

D
Old 04-16-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've realized that a lot of this comes to fruition from self-blame.

Regarding the relationship, it was 50/50. She was as accountable as I was. For the last few weeks I've been blaming myself which isn't entirely true.

I'm still trying to find a way to deal with my anxiety/depression. In the past, I would just take a drink to nix it. Now that I am facing these feelings, it is very difficult.

Thank you for the support.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

You don't need to do this alone

D
Old 04-16-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Hi Fb? Congrats on a month & counting! Just like you I lost everything & had to move to another state coz my brother lives here. Was scared @ first leaving home group, sponsor & guys that had helped me but I just took a step of faith. Don't let fear keep you in same spot coz recovery is same no matter where I go, just done bit differently
Best wishes man
Old 04-16-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi flashback. I'm so glad you found us and wanted to talk about your situation. You are never alone - and we've all been there.

At 29 I wasn't ready to admit I couldn't drink ever again. I insisted I could use willpower to control what I drank. I went on for many more years & ended up drinking all day in the end - completely dependent on it to get through the day. You are leaving that sick life behind. Please don't let guilt & regret hold you down. You're free - and life will be good again.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You are still very young. I wish I would have found this place at your age. It's perfectly normal for you feel the way you do. That's a ton of stuff to deal with. Reaching out here is awesome. So many caring experienced folks here. I hope you keep us all updated on your progress. Come here when feeling broken we will try to help. And when you see other posts you think you may be knowledgeable with offer your advice. That alone will boost your moral. We are all a lil' broken and that is why we are all here to help each other. you are in the right place.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you, everyone.

Honestly, you have all helped very much.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Old 04-17-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome FB,

Welcome to the biggest club nobody wanted to join. It appears you are very self aware. When pondering/reliving your past, look at it as objective as you can. This way you can see your part in the good and bad to learn from it. If you can, forgive your ex for her part as you would want her to forgive you. Also, if your depression continues go see a therapist they can help tremendously.