Notices

The matter is not to give up, it's to prevent relapse...

Old 04-14-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The matter is not to give up, it's to prevent relapse...

I think you agree with that, too.

I refrain from alcohol at short intervals but slip again and again.
The matter is -as i mention- not to give up, it's to prevent relapse.

This is an illness -yes, alcoholism is an illness as you accept- that we'll suffer as long as we live. There is no way to heal. We MUST understand we can't be social drinker and can't drink like normal people... Even after a long time if we slip, we begin binge drinking again... Unfortunately it's true...we just can't control over drinking. We MUST be aware of that.

The last time i drinked was 3 days ago. I exaggarete as i always do. I can't stop myself after i feel the effect of alcohol. I'm sure you alcoholics like me understand me.

Whereas i had been sober between july2015-july 2016, exactly 1 year- before i started. I was going to school, waking up early in the morning and studying my lessons, so i had a responsibility... But i gave up. I didn't want to study under the conditions that i don't see any future improvement. Now i have no job and don't go to the university. I'm 28 by the way. And without any busyness that makes my mind busy my thinkings are slipping to drink.

Don't know what to do...
Old 04-14-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You seem to have a very good understanding of the problem LIF. Maybe you could read through the links on Dee's thread and see what you can add to your recovery plan.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-plans-1.html

It's when we start turning our face away from the problem and keep our focus on the solution that the magic starts to happen.

Wishing you all the best for your sobriety and recovery. BB
Old 04-14-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Liveit f- it seems to me there are 2 parts to healing. For me- firstly it was to stop drinking, obvious, huh? Once to brain fog lifted and the body got well enough from w-drawals to get better, the second part starts. I drank to isolate and run away. From an early age- that is how I survived. So now with professional help, meetings, SR, journal ,art, exercise- everything (routine, money, shopping, cooking, hygiene etc) I work on healing my mind. At those times I wanted to drink- that is where a PLAN and daily support kicks in. Willpower never worked for me- and luck does not exist to me. It takes real work and commitment- but it is worth it.
Keep posting.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sober style

If you stopped for a year before, you can do it again. You're only 28! You still have your whole life ahead of you. Don't let alcohol get in the way of the things that are waiting for you.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Try and make a recoverry plan LiveItFull. You are still young enough that even though you cannot see any good prospects in the immediate future things are sure to change sometime. I hope that you will be able to get back to school and continue your studies.