Notices

Almost two years, then THIS.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks for sharing your story FWG. I too am at two years and constantly on guard about becoming complacent and slipping.

Use the tools you discovered when becoming sober the last time to get back on board. We know you can do it again!
Old 04-11-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
sober style

Getting and staying sober can be a humbling process, it sure has been for me. It's great that you're back, onward and upward.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi there FWG! My story too. I had 18 months sober. Then a few horrible things happened in life, like my 13 year old cousin committing suicide and other tragedies. I crumbled. However, my husband and I contemplated for two weeks. He goes along with whatever I want. That is nice sometimes but I sure wish he would have said a firm NO. But then I would have resented him for not letting me do what I wanted. Well been drinking on and off for 18 months, so equal amount of time as I was sober. Well, we have of course had some fun drinking but more often than not it is in excess, and I end up with a hangover and a bunch of regret of drunken decisions made. I'm working on the regret though. I needed to drink again so I could see what life was before my initial attempt at sobriety. My 18 months of total sobriety. And now life drinking after sobriety. I think I've covered all the bases of before during and after sobriety. It does no good to beat yourself up over it. Consider it a learning experience. You can now go into sobriety again knowing full well what it is like to drink again. And now you can really choose what life you like best on your own terms. It's o.k. You are back on track and that's refreshing to see. Best of luck to you and me! 31 days sober for me. Sounds weird to say that because I wasn't an everyday drinker. But it's 31 days since I made a firm commitment that I'm done with alcohol!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's OK, I can honestly say I understand. I had 4 years and 3 months of sobriety and then last November I chose to drink a beer and, well, you know exactly where I'm at right now. You can do this. WE can do this!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

welcome back!
Old 04-11-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Today is my official Day One, lets do this!!
Old 04-11-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerWineGirl View Post
Friends, I need some help. I have been drinking for 8 months after almost two years sober. I am so ashamed, and lost. I was so strong, and then I had a moment of weakness that has turned into this.
I had a couple of those relapses after having a couple (almost 3) year's of sobriety. My best times sober were just a waiting for me.

You can also sober up again.
Make a firm decision.

MB
Old 04-11-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Best of luck for today which will hopefully be your last ever Day One!

Remember to post here before you feel you are struggling too much so we can get you through this. You can do it!
Old 04-12-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How's it going, FormerWineGirl? Thinking of you today.