Notices

Therapist Appt Today

Old 04-05-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Therapist Appt Today

DH and I went to see our therapist today. The session went better than I thought it would. DH admitted to slipping last week and I was proud of him for doing so. I have a renewed sense of hope for us and I honestly feel that BOTH of us are on this journey again.

We may or may not reach our destination at the same time, and perhaps we'll get there by using different methods of recovery...Who cares? As long as we are both reaching for the same goal... that's good enough for me.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found it beneficial CT

D
Old 04-05-2017, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks D...yeah, it went well. I'm looking forward to "digg'n in" and doing the work.

Part of the discussion we had was how different cultures perceive drinking, and how what may seem completely overboard here in America, is just the norm in ...say Germany (example). Yet, alcoholism is alcoholism, no matter where we're from or how it's perceived by a particular culture.

DH is from Mauritius and we've always had somewhat of a different view of what constitutes being an alcoholic. Mainly because drinking is just a way of life in his country, "life is a party in Mauritius" is what DH always says. So, as you can imagine...not easy for him to accept that he has a drinking problem. Luckily, the therapist is European and he and DH seemed to connect & relate very well. It's a strong start and I'm looking forward to see where all of this leads.