Notices

Alone and scared, I don't want to drink anymore

Old 05-22-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

How are you today LuLu! I know the weekend was tough, I'm sorry for that. I hope your heart feels lighter soon!
Old 05-25-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I hope things are good in your world LuLu!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

It's my situation here in Texas all alone, living alone. I'm just at a point where I question myself for coming out here. I'm Vegan and living in BBQ central. I miss my family. Going day by day....just in a rut about being here all by myself.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Lulu, do you have the "meet up" app? No it's not a dating app. It's an app that helps you meet other people with similar interests like being vegan. It might help you find a community of people in town that value some of the same things you do and you won't feel so alone there. Im glad you are staying strong! How is your health doing? Glad to hear from you!
Old 05-27-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I'm 30hours sober

Finding this outlet is hopefully the support I need. I quit cold turkey.
Last sip was about 330am on the 25th. I googled about how I was feeling every hour I was awake. Since I didn't sleep last night I googled a lot. So glad to have found a place that others understand.
I have to remind myself that as bad as I might feel going through withdrawals, but drinking will kill me.
Good luck and just take one hour at a time
Old 05-27-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Welcome 2b. This is a great place with lots of support! If you start a thread of your own, you will get more interaction with the community! Glad you're here!
Old 05-27-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sending positive thoughts your way Lulu. Being on your own in early recovery does have some advantages as we need to focus on ourselves and changing old habits - this can sometimes seem like selfishness to partners, family or close friends. It goes some way to counterbalancing the lack of a support network. Best wishes.

2bsober - congratulations on 30hours. I second what SimplyFree says about starting your own thread for more support. It is the blue icon on the top left of your screen. Alternatively if you are not ready to do that you could join the Class of May 2017.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Lulu--

Are you in Austin proper?

It's such a young/liberal city I would imagine there are tons of Vegans and other like-minded types.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome 2bsober4good

D
Old 05-28-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 06-04-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Columbus - I am in Austin, near downtown.

Work has been up and down, the owner yelled at me in front of everyone. It didn't sit well with me and I reported it to HR (not that she is much help). Berating someone is counter-productive and it's unprofessional. Not sure if I should go back to school and get into another profession. I'm pretty limited on where my skills can take me. I'm feeling stuck. And not liking the teasing from a co-worker about being Vegan - it gets old. It would be if I teased someone about their religion. My friend had her cancer surgery and it looks as if she'll beat it.

I wish this nightmare of a life would stop, but I guess I'm the only one that can change it all. Kinda hard though since a lot of sadness is due to animal cruelty. Not really sure if I should be even talking about it all here. But maybe our lives and situations put us here in the first place.

SimplyFree - I started working out. I'll write my daily routines on a calendar so I can check them off.

I ordered a glass of wine at a restaurant, but didn't finish it. It wasn't good and ended up drinking water.

Majorly feeling as if I will be living (forever) as if there is nothing fun anymore.

I'm rambling and need to log on here more. I find I'm thinking way too much and it won't stop.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Lulu! Yeah!!! I'm glad to hear from you!! I'm sorry your boss yelled at you! That isn't professional at all. I learned when I got to the company I'm at that " it isn't what you do so much as, who you do it for". I've done many didn't job roles at the company I'm with, but I was happy to do whatever they needed because the ownership family is very kind to all employees.

I'm glad you didn't finish the wine. And that you've been able to start working out too. It automatically helps my mood when I get my heart pumping and start sweating. I was on the bike trainer this morning too. Felt great!

As to eatting meat, I know you feel very strong about this topic, and I get concerned that you might be setting yourself up some. For example if the only acceptable answer or thought is that the world will not eat meat, since that is unlikely, will you be depressed forever? Rather if you spent time volunteering at an animal shelter or rescue and were able to help animals get to good homes or become healthier, that might lift your spirits some. But, no you can't adopt ALL the animals!!! :-). Thanks for staying strong and checking in!
Old 06-04-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I to am "rebuilding " fun. Most things feel blah....I would really like to try watercolor painting again. Botany specifically......flowers and such.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you will log on more LB - supports very important.

D
Old 06-04-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

I agree that support is important. I've been sad and been feeling weak minded. I know when I feel best is when I exercise. I can't seem to be able to focus on life as itself, I'm so overwhelmed by this solitude. Lack of drive. And my thoughts are all over the board.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are checking in my friend. Hopefully we can help give you some pleasant thoughts that help even out the ups and downs!
Old 06-08-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Work environment has been a huge factor in my health and mindset. The scented perfumes, colognes, and lotions have made me sick....and sicker for the last 10 months. HR lady is like talking to a brick wall. She moved my desk AGAIN, back to the worst spot where the smelly chemicals are the worst. I've been up all night short of breath, on edge, and the list can go on with what I am physically going through because of their lack of accommodating me with my disability. I've spent many weekends in bed recovering from the onslaught of chemicals attacking my system, and every night pretty much come home and suffer with ears ringing, swollen throat, smelly hair and skin, etc....and this is why I started drinking at work. I honestly feel I might just crack open the tequila today so I can get through the day....at least the buzz will help alleviate some of the symptoms from the perfumes. I'm just about ready to go to a workers comp doctor - why should I have to keep paying money out of my pocket for a work-related injury?! I'm not only sick from all of this, but I am filled with high-anxiety and cannot focus. Sitting here dreading going to the office, but I need to make a living. Trying desperately to stay strong and calm about this.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

I stayed calm.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is it possible for you to look for another job Lulu?

D