Notices

Refuge Recovery Inventories

Old 04-04-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Refuge Recovery Inventories

I am working through the book and, perhaps it is just me, but the inventory questions (first inventory) seem to be repetitive?

Example: Suffering is the stress created by craving for more./ Suffering is never having enough to feel satisfied. Suffering is feeling ashamed of ones actions/Suffering is feeling unworthy.

Perhaps I'm overthinking it as I have a tendency to do but has anyone worked through this inventory that can tell me if these aren't, in fact, the same question?

I just don't feel like I know how to answer them.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

what are the questions, Rebel?
what i see so far are statements, and each one is stating a differnt cause of suffering.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Questions 1 and 2 are Suffering is the stress created by craving for more./ Suffering is never having enough to feel satisfied.

This is basically the same question, rephrased.

Same with questions 3 and 4: Suffering is feeling ashamed of ones actions/Suffering is feeling unworthy.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes. There are multiple repetitions within the RR inventories. No big whup, right?
No one is grading it. Inventories are ultimately just tools to increase self honesty and awareness. -something that should come along naturally if you meditate with good intent and effort.

Show up. Meditate. Talk. Don't use. Don't sweat the inventories. The program is solid without them.