Notices

Grrrr

Old 04-04-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grrrr

Today was a rough day for me. I woke up early and I was feeling great. Due to torrential downpours, I wasn’t able to go for my usual workout. I guess I could have done a workout class on YouTube but I was still sore from yesterday so I figured I would give myself a day off. Around 9am I began feeling extremely lethargic and the dull headache that continues to pop out of nowhere returned. I took some aspirin, laid down and took a short nap. When I woke up, I was craving sugar…in a big way!!! DH bought Haagen Dazs ice-cream bars the other day…the kind covered in dark chocolate and coconut (so good)…and I’ve been trying to stay away from them. Not today! Throughout the day I slept and continued to fill my face with anything that could make me feel satisfied. This afternoon I was standing in my kitchen (fixing yet something else to eat) and I began to sweat profusely.

What is going on? I’m 40 days sober and I feel like I’m in withdrawal again.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey CT ,
Normal people have something called having a bad day .. perhaps your having one of those ?

40 days is great but it is still early days, your body is still healing if it was anything like mine , brain chemistry still changing .

3 days was better than 3 hours , 3 weeks better than 3 days , 3 months better than 3 weeks , 3 years better 3 months ... I'll get back to you on 30 years if i'm lucky enough

New day tomorrow, i'd sleep on it and see how things are in the morning .

Best wishes, m
Old 04-04-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Mecanix- Makes sense...maybe I'm expecting too much, too fast.

Yes...brain function is way off. Just boiling eggs today became complicated...I'm serious!

I didn't get my workout in today either, that always makes a big difference.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds like your routine was disrupted and that is a trigger for you. Someone told me that a craving is a craving is a craving. The stress-reward system is still in effect, whether it's a glass of wine or an ice cream you reach for. I think giving in to an unhealthy indulgence sometimes makes us feel worse because it rewards the same part of the brain that was rewarded when we drank.

So the question is, when plans fall through, what do we do to keep things running smoothly so that we don't trip the stress-response trigger.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
It sounds like your routine was disrupted and that is a trigger for you. Someone told me that a craving is a craving is a craving. The stress-reward system is still in effect, whether it's a glass of wine or an ice cream you reach for. I think giving in to an unhealthy indulgence sometimes makes us feel worse because it rewards the same part of the brain that was rewarded when we drank.

So the question is, when plans fall through, what do we do to keep things running smoothly so that we don't trip the stress-response trigger.
Hmmm, could be.

Didn't really feel like a trigger though...no stress, feeling panicked, no heart racing, no feeling like I wanted to drink... just cravings, feeling lethargic and lousy most of the day.

I think I'm chalk'in it up to just a bad day.

Thanks for the feedback!