Notices

New to site hoping for some direction

Old 04-04-2017, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to site hoping for some direction

Good morning all!
I am new to this site and recently lost all my meditation and some significant editions of the Big Book. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and was vivtim to the rampant flooding that has set so many of us back, both financially and emotionally. I came to this site for my mornings no meditation as all books were lost in flood. But I'm having a hard time getting updated readings. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know that you're doing anything wrong. Welcome and I'm sorry for your situation.

I know there are lots of sites that offer guided meditation. Youtube has tons of great meditation programs and that's what I often use. You can also google guided meditation. You can also try googling AA daily readings. For the Big Book, I would try getting one from an AA group and see if they had any suggestions for how to replace what you lost.

On April 10th Deepak Chopra has a free 21 day Meditation course beginning and it's available to all and simple to register. Just google it and be ready on the 10th. It will arrive in your In Box.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Anna,

I'd like to check that out. Can you please send me a link. I googled it and cannot find any info about it. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I will PM you the link right now.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maggie, so so sorry to hear about the flood and everything you lost. It must have been traumatic. I'm glad you found us though. Hopefully someone will be able to help you with what you're looking for. If they're AA specific it may be worth double posting the request on the 12-step area as well as here... Alcoholism-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

BB