Notices

Vipassana Meditation and Body Sensation

Old 04-01-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
All is Change

Vipassana Meditation and Body Sensation

Vipassana Meditation and Body Sensation: Eilona Ariel at TEDxJaffa 2013

Eilona Ariel is a documentary filmmaker whose work was deeply inspired by her life in Asia and her practice of the ancient meditation technique called Vipassana.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, Grymt. It was a very interesting TED. I am searching for some meaning right now. I want, but I am not sure what I want.
I want to be outside more. I live in New england, so outside can be......tough.
I want to be more flexible of muscle, so I think I need more yoga.
I want to be peaceful.
I just want.
Anyway, thank you.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
All is Change

I think your post is very wonderful. Let me try to explain why I think so.

When I sat my first course I had no idea what I was doing. I just knew I had gotten drunk the night before and I was being driven somewhere where I would have ten days respite from booze. Free. Food cooked for me. No demands. I had lost my contact lenses so for ten days I could see nothing properly so I had no real idea of where I was. All that was a clear constant was the droning of instructions and discourses.

After it was over I tried to figure out if anyone had told me what was going to happen. I just knew I had experienced something real that meant a lot that seemed so new and revolutionary yet it was so old and simple.

I and so many people who try to explain it come up against the same thing. It is an intensely personal experience resulting from a totally universal technique and my experience is just that, mine. It means nothing and should mean nothing to anyone else. Anyone else who uses exactly the same technique will have their own experience that belongs entirely to them. There are a thousand paths to buddha. One for every meditator but they all lead to the same place. I still cannot explain it but everything your post expresses I understand even though it seems to say nothing but confusion it's a confusion about the right thing. As Goenka says the ultimate truth is beyond mind and body. It is impossible to explain it with words. It is to be experienced.