Notices

Why do I drink?

Old 04-01-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I remember believing the same. For quite a while. It didn't really work like that for me though, not in the end. I was just as miserable and full of loathing for the world and myself drunk as I was sober at the end of my drinking.

And you know, I'd be more convinced that alcohol was the solution that you say it is for you if you weren't busy posting about how awful the world is while (presumably) drinking. Doesn't sound to me like it's freed you up and made the world seem so much better as you say / think, or you wouldn't be posting on here bemoaning it would ya?

Hope you stick around. Keep coming back, and reading and posting.

Wishing you all the best. BB
Old 04-01-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I drank because I liked to get drunk. Getting drunk satisfied all the desires of my ego. When I drank I was the richest, smartest, best looking, funniest cat around, and everyone loved me - in my own mind. A party of one. Of course anyone who came along and challenged that delusion met my drunken wrath - intensified to the nth degree. By this time the booze would turn on me and become a depressant. Suddenly I was the dullest, poorest, ugliest guy around - again in my own mind. That's probably what's going on when u see people crying in their beer.

Alcohol is a big myth, a big lie. It doesn't do anything but fool you for a little while, and trick you into thinking you need it to get by. Cunning, baffling, powerful.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

InAPickle -

Originally Posted by InApickle View Post
Not sure you're living on the same planet that I am?

Ok don't read the news, don't watch television or follow any of it!!!

Let's set ourselves free here, do what we want to do, wander the planet care free ?

Build yourself a house wherever you wish , walk into countries whenever you want, fly as free as a bird !!!
Yeah yeah - Been there bought that Tshirt - ran the T shirt company, dude

If you're really distraught at the world - do your best to change it.

The only real way to do that is to stay sober.

I bitched and moaned at the world for 20 years drunk...

I've done more to make a difference in the last ten years than I did in those twenty...

So here's the gauntlet I'm throwing down...

if you feel the world sucks - get off the couch, put down the bottle and change it.

Life sober is great - if you are patient and have faith

There is a temporary transition period and it's not very nice - but it is temporary, it passes...and you're not alone.

If you're like me you drank for years - 6 weeks recovery is great but you probably only scratched the surface of what you need to do in that time.

You kinda dropped off posting - maybe next time commit to posting here daily - in words, not just you tubes - whether you feel good or not?

D
Old 04-01-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

drinking for the purpose of distorting reality...sure. your post 15 calls it distorting a false reality...yeah, i used to think that way, was convinced i could see clearly when drunk. what a joke that turned out to be, a sorry sad deluded joke.
reality just IS, it is our minds that distort it.

quit blaming reality for your drinking and take responsibility for being in a pickle.
reality will still just be, but you, you can be 'better'.