Notices

Losing hope....

Old 03-31-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You are an intelligent person Badger its the booze that makes 2+2 = 5. My alcohol habit has caused some damage I can never undo but at least the life I have now is not entirely devoid of merit even though it is not ideal and I too suffer from loneliness at times.

All those times you have stopped do amount to something, they are significant stepping stones.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Badger, you've had some pretty good sober time, so don't minimize your success. That took hard work, so you should feel good about that. There was a time when I couldn't imagine not drinking for a month or more. Give yourself credit for a job well done. You sound very sincere in wanting to get sober so don't give up. Thanks for sharing. John
Old 03-31-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Your life will be miraculously better in sobriety.

You won't even believe it, it'll be so much better.

Give it time. Keep it up.

It works.

Miraculously.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257;6390429[B
]I know...its just that I guess I expect my life to be miraculously better when I quit[/B]. But the damage I have done from my addiction seems insurmountable at times, I just say screw it.... then the lonely, bored, etc..comes into play. I know all of this, and I consider myself a pretty intelligent person, but can seem to make 2+2 equal anything other than 5.
I thought that too. I thought I'll quit and in a month I'll be fixed. That is why I said what I said previously. I thought the drinking was the problem. While it was it wasn't nearly the only thing that was causing my problems. I drank to relieve pressure, to get away from it all, and later to relieve anxiety.

It takes effort and work to get better.