Notices

support options

Old 03-27-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question support options

Hi everyone. Does anyone know if there is a site that lists out all support options while in recovery? I have read a variety of books and know there are AA supporters, those who do well with non-AA methods, and probably others. I would like to see all options then find what's right for me. Thank you for your time and concern.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey brave,
I can't be much help with options as I only used SR and the knowledge gained from dozens of failed attempts. For me this site is exactly what I needed.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR BraveWarrior, glad to hear that you are seeking out options - you have made a wise choice.

The following link has lots of information about many of the recovery methods out there...definitely worth a read.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 03-27-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Off the top of my head for in person recovery, AA of course is the largest, though SMART seems to be the biggest non-12 step program. Also lifering and 1 on 1 meetings with an addiction therapist. More extensive support can be had with inpatient or outpatient rehab.
There is also rational recovery for online/self help which is popular, also countless recovery books.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
All is Change

The new kid on the block is also the oldest. Anapana and Vipassana meditation as taught by the Buddha 2,500 years ago. For more on this look at Vipassana Meditation and dhamma topic on here.