SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   1 day relapse. Turned into Day 9 today. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/406921-1-day-relapse-turned-into-day-9-today.html)

Al31 03-27-2017 02:57 PM

1 day relapse. Turned into Day 9 today.

Guess this is a warning more than anything. 1 day relapse turned into 9 days of drinking. Not every day getting hammered. Just at least a few drinks everyday.

Anyway for the 9th day in a row, I'm saying I'll stop tomorrow. So I'll see how I feel tomorrow....

january161992 03-27-2017 03:23 PM

check out an AA meeting

its been a great tool to get in the way of my drinking

:tyou

Anna 03-27-2017 03:39 PM

Why not stop drinking tonight? You can check in here throughout the evening and find support for your sobriety. We do understand how hard this is.

PhoenixJ 03-27-2017 04:15 PM

Why tomorrow?

Outonthetiles 03-27-2017 05:11 PM

This is why the general consensus here is that moderation won't work. It's a waste of time because you always end up back here, whether it's a week later or two years, but either way, it's a big mistake to take that first drink.

oakleaf82 03-27-2017 05:28 PM

Hi there! Hope you decide to start today rather than wait until tomorrow.

fini 03-27-2017 06:37 PM

hi Al,
one of my problems revolved around seeing how i 'felt' and then following whatever that feeling seemed to require .

seeing 'how i feel tomorrow' leaves everything up to whims and momentary moods.

how has that worked out for you so far?

FreedomCA 03-27-2017 07:43 PM

This is exactly why not taking that first sip is so important. It can turn into a week, month, year binge. After that first sip, the obsessiveness returns. At times I may crave a drink, but I run the tape through my head of where that will lead to - laying in my bed the next day stupefied why I have put myself in hell again, obsessing over my next drink, not knowing when the next blackout will be, weight gain and clothes not fitting, not sleeping well and sweating, suicidal thoughts because I just can't quit drinking again. When I lost my 10.5 months of sobriety last June and then could not stop drinking, I was so upset that I had the disease arrested and then did this to myself. I was so upset I would not have minded if God would have taken me in my sleep. This is why it is so important to stay away from the first sip/drink. It truly is a disastrous choice.

fini 03-29-2017 08:52 AM

how are you doing , Al?

Delilah1 03-29-2017 09:06 AM

Hi AI,

How are you doing today? Do you have plans for your day one? I am with others on moderation not working. I tested and retested that theory, and the result turned out the same each time.

Sobriety is worth it. Check in and let us know how you are.

❤Delilah

Dee74 03-29-2017 06:18 PM

hey Al, how are you? check in :)

D