Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Question about my addiction\recovery and a custody agreement with the father of my child...

Notices

Question about my addiction\recovery and a custody agreement with the father of my child...

Old 03-27-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi there. I'm trying so hard to remain sober. Some days I feel good and will think to myself that I got this. Other days, I feel completely defeated. Due to me not showing up to a random UA that the father of my child (and vise versa) can request, if one of us fails, we will lose temporary custody. Which is where I'm at right now. He continues to want a hair follicle test and my main question is - is there a way to get my rights back without passing a hair follicle test but am able to take and continue taking UA's and passing them. The custody papers are not clear in what is to happen if one of us fails a DT besides losing temp. custody for 30 days... But 30 days? a hair follicle test goes back 90 days... so even if it shows up after I fail the first time, am i still failing?
Old 03-27-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR Allie. I'm afraid that's probably a question you will need to ask your attorney or social worker assigned to your case, it would probably be different in every situation.

If you are looking for support to stay sober you'll find a lot of that here, and plenty of folks who understand what you are going through on that front.