Notices

Lost and alone

Old 03-27-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost and alone

so I went to AA again last week , hoping it would be better than last time and it was no good.
I went there sober this time and all that happened was some old guys gave me the eye and tried to chat me up which really annoyed me, I came there to get help which was hard to do in the first place , they should respect that.
everyone else was just cold to me , no one seemed to take me seriously.

I don't know maybe I'm just crazy and imaging things but I don think so.
the thing is I need AA more than ever now , I went on another drinking binge last week and almost died again , I know its only a matter of time.
I feel angry and alone, I don't know where else to turn .
I know it is weird for a young girl to go to AA alone, if I knew any other support groups for young people I would go but I don't
anyway I'm sorry for rambling I'm just not in as good place right now .
Old 03-27-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here you go:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 03-27-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I use SR as my go to place for support and so far it has been wonderful. Everyone is here to help and most have been through what you are going through (me included). I made it up in my mind that I wasn't going to try and stop drinking I WAS going to stop drinking. That is that. I am on Day 7 now and am repulsed by the idea of even taking a sip. The first few days are very tough but you can do it! If you have any sever withdrawal symptoms it is imperative that you see a doctor. If I can do it, anyone can. Trust me.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is a good place to vent and maintain your autonomy.. I'm 11 days sober is cause of all the people sharing the hell to the success stories... I'm to to early in to give advice other then make a plan to get through the withdrawal roller coaster a 10 days in you actually start looking and feeling your human self again...but post and rant there is someone here that can relate and help guide ...
Old 03-27-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks Anna I've been reading that really helpfull
Old 03-27-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by drunkgirl97 View Post
the thing is I need AA more than ever now , I went on another drinking binge last week and almost died again , I know its only a matter of time.
sounds like a 1st step to me and great job on demonstrating willingness which is the key

here we have many women only meetings and young people meetings

i was 29 when i got sober and before i got married was very active in the young peoples social activities

check it out!

Old 03-27-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're reading the Sticky thread. I hope you continue to post and seek support here.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Going to an AA meeting isn't about anybody but you. They aren't there to help you. You're there to help yourself. I've been to plenty of meetings where the ppl aren't the friendlies, or I don't like the format, or I think the chair is a jerk, whatever. But I can always get something out of a meeting. Always. Attitude is everything.
But if, the one you're going to sucks that bad, maybe it's time to try a different meeting or a different mode of recovery.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Did you call your central office to
ask where meetings are for younger
folks yet?

AA has a central office where folks
can get local information on meetings,
pick up chips and ask for help.

When you go to ur next meeting, go
to the person chairing the meeting
and talk to them about your situation
and see if you can guide you where
you need to be to feel safe and comfortable.

Also, sit close or near to other women
and focus on the message. Stay strong
and hopefully you can slowly begin to sit
with them in a group comfortably,
protected and keep the unwanted at
a far distance.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

They have all women's meetings if the men are bothering you.

Also, there is SMART recovery that might be worth checking into....

At any rate, there are folks here at SR who have been in recovery for a long time who've never gone to AA. Keep reaching out here until you find a face to face situation that you feel will help.

Regardless of any "meeting" one will attend, it's approaching one day at a time and working on the internal issues within yourself-other people can help you to an extent, but a lot of the work is going to be you working on yourself....addressing the triggers that might tempt one to turn to drinking to cope with whatever. Many reasons people drink. To deal with stress, to celebrate, to mourn, social awkwardness, whatever. I have always found music and exercise and re-warding work to be wonderful therapy.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you considered women only meetings dg?

D
Old 03-27-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Not rambling. Best to stay safe- can you get to a hospital to go to detox somewhere? See a doctor? Rehab program? Keep posting.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi there! I know that aa has women only meetings. My area has a directory online or you can also call the local office. There is also SMART or Women for Sobriety. In the meantime keep posting here! Someone's always online to support you.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Drunkgirl, i just wanted to say you are not alone.

I know sometimes addiction feels lonely, like we are trapped in our own hell, but we really arent. There are so many of us, like you and trying to get better. This place has helped me alot in realizing i am definately not alone. Stay here with us and fight for your life. .you are worth it and it does get easier!
Old 03-27-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Try to focus on what is right at the meetings and not what is going wrong. People in AA are also struggling like you and are not well. People are desperate, and so I think you have to keep this in mind. Focus on you at the meetings, the readings, the speaker and try to develop compassion for someone who bothers or upsets you knowing that they are struggling to and have issues.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

"I went there sober this time and all that happened was some old guys gave me the eye and tried to chat me up which really annoyed me, I came there to get help which was hard to do in the first place , they should respect that.
everyone else was just cold to me , no one seemed to take me seriously.
I don't know maybe I'm just crazy and imaging things but I don think so. '

good on ya for showin up sober! someone talked to you,yet everyone was cold to you. its hard to say what went on as there no mention of what that man said, but he very well could have been someone being friendly and wanting to see you get sober. could very well have been more read into :gave me the eye",too. very well could have been a couple men made eye contact with you and smiled. I don't know.
what about the women there?

im not sure what you expected in the "no one seemed to take me seriously."
but its not them that has to take you seriously- its you that has to.
when I first started attending meetings I was quite sensitive myself- thought for sure people were lookin at me and had thoughts like,"hes just a **** up."

turned out to just be me and my thinkin was all jacked up. people really weren't even thinkin about me much- I wasn't that important.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

How are you dg?
Old 04-01-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi everyone sorry not to respond , thank you so much for your replies .

I've decided I'm tired of winging on here to a bunch of strangers I'm just tired of it all . I going to drink because its all I've got now I'm going back , I want to . maybe this is all I was ever destined to be , a drunk.

I just need to escape reality for a while I think ill close my account there's just no point anymore . if I'm going to get sober I should do that but until then moaning on here to you guys just seems pointless and it must be annoying !

bless you all , goodbye .
Old 04-01-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It's not annoying at all. Thats what this forum is for. To help each other get and stay sober. Keep posting and expressing yourself here. its a safe avenue for you to get all your dark secrets off your mind.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi drunkgirl.

I sure as heck take you seriously and I don't find you to be 'rambling'....at all. And, I understand what it feels like, I really do.

Sweetie-most of us have been where you're at and we know how hard this really is. A person can lose hope. But there IS hope. I hope you know that. I remember feeling like I would never come out of the grayness. But, I eventually did. Please don't give up. We don't judge you.