Notices

Podcasts: Sobriety/Recovery/AA

Old 03-26-2017, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Podcasts: Sobriety/Recovery/AA

I mentioned this on the March thread, but thought it might deserve its own. I am very, very early in Recovery (Day 21, though that's a borderline miraculous achievement for me) and I have chosen to go to AA. But, whether you have chosen AA or a different path, I wanted to mention that I have found podcasts to be extremely helpful to me.

Podcasts are very easy to access and there are ton of them related to sobriety, recovery, AA, etc. Just do a simple search for these terms in whatever podcast platform you use.

I commute an hour each way for work and my mind will wander pretty excessively. I find that listening to a podcast helps me stay on track and quiets the 'beast voice' - especially on my way home which previously involved a stop at the store 100% of the time.

Some of my faves are 'Since Right Now,' 'AA Meetings on Air,' 'Recovered,' and 'The Bubble Hour.' There are seemingly thousands of others though.

I find that I really NEED something to keep me on track when I'm alone in the car, passing by many liquor stores over a long period of time. Podcasts have helped me Immensely.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm also a fan of Since Right Now. Haven't listened to the others -- I'll check them out. I also go down google/YouTube rabbit holes for sobriety content, of which there is a ton.

In addition to not drinking (obviously), mindfulness, diet, exercise, etc., I find that sobriety media is a good tool to have in the toolbox.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I listen to Since Right Now and The Bubble Hour. They are very different recovery podcasts, but hey are both interesting and helpful. There is another one that I want to find, Your kick ass life (?). I think that's it.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Home Podcast and Afterpartypod are 2 more good ones.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I like Recovery Elevator with Paul Churchill.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I second that for Recovery Elevator. It is one of my favorites.also That Sober Guy podcast
Old 05-20-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The Recovery Effect Podcast is growing on me. Smart stuff.