Notices

It only took 3 years

Old 03-26-2017, 08:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Mizuno,

Just wanted to send you lots of love and support. I am so sorry for the loss of your sister.

I am glad you have that first sober week back under your belt.

❤Delilah
Hi, Delilah.
Thank you for the kindness. I am also glad to have that first week notch. Im smiling now because I made it this far. The farthest I have been in years. YEAH!

I hope you are doing well, Delilah. And that life is treating you beautifully!
Old 03-27-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I want to touch base on grief for a moment:

I was helping an elderly lady today. I believe she was in her 80's. I was out of her favorite soap at the store. I took her to the aisle and proceeded to show her our other soaps. I was hoping one would spark her interest until I placed the order for her product.

In the aisle, we smelled quite a few of the products, and then I showed her one of our french milled soaps that I personally use. She held it up with both hands, smelled deeply, and then she started to cry. I was not for certain what was happening but I held that space for her and her emotions. I asked if she was alright? She then told me that her mother smelled like this soap and it brought her back to her childhood. Her mother passed away in 1972.

Rosemary had 9 siblings. As a family, they did not have much but they were rich with love, food and God. They all used Castile soap in the home. It was affordable for such a large family with little money. When her mother could afford the more expensive soap she would buy this for herself. It was her luxury.

We talked more in the aisle and she told me of her losses in life. Her two children had died. Many of her siblings. Her husband had died at 56. She impressed on me the importance of family and the importance of love.

I knew at that moment, it doesn't matter how many years have passed or how much life we have lived, grief can feel like the event just took place. Grief has its own life and its own way of coming to the surface. Here was this elderly lady feeling and remembering her mother 40 + years later. Grieving in such a beautiful way.

This was a blessing for me today. An insight. A knowing that I will feel what I feel for the rest of my life. Sometimes it will be big, sometimes small and sometimes not at all. It will always be there though.

Rosemary who loves the Rosemary Mint Soap.