Notices

New to Sober recovery

Old 04-01-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Awww !!! this site is so lovely for support. Thank you X
I'm on Day 13 and not missing my wine. I haven't seen my daughter much over the last few days but I'm taking her to play football tomorrow morning. I am missing her not staying over however whats a few weeks over the rest of her life. She still tells me she loves me so that makes me happy.
I am at a loss at what to do when I'm off in the evenings. I have been early morning shift yesterday and today so been a bit tired. The weather has not been too good either. The next two days I am working afternoons until midnight so I won't be bored or lonely. It also means day 14 & 15 I won't be drinking either as I'm in work.
Thank you again for the support you're offering me it reminds me of why I'm doing this.
Good night all X
Old 04-03-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 15 today. Over two weeks- Woo hoo !!!! My daughter also stayed overnight last night too. Apart from wasting money the other night (posted on my other thread) things are going great. I slept solidly for just over 8 hours last night so felt fabulous when I got up this morning. I dropped my daughter off at school and then did another 3 mile run. Evie (my daughter) then had a mini rugby tournament locally so I went to watch that. Its only now at 215 pm that I have sat down but not for long as I have to pick her up at 320pm and then take her to hockey and then a football match after. No time to think of wine today.. I am very lucky that I haven't had an evening where I have had any strong cravings.
I have also eaten a lot better yesterday and today. I haven't eaten as much junk as I have had since quitting the wine so hopefully that will get better for me as well and I will lose some weight.
Happy sober Monday XXX
I'm half way through a month
Old 04-03-2017, 06:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
Day 15 today. Over two weeks- Woo hoo !!!!
Awesome.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Way to go I'm on day 5 this site helps me ALOT! Stay on here and read and great job!!!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Welcome Susie! I'm so glad you are here. I understand how it feels to have let your child down. My oldest daughter will be 18 this year, and I know I have disappointment and embarrassed her on several occasions throughout her life. My youngest is too little and doesn't even understand yet. That's why I'm here, for myself and my kids. I have to be sober to be here for them! Your daughter will come around and forgive you, just try not to keep doing it over and over, or they get to a point where they won't trust us anymore. I know how close of a friend wine "seems" to be, but it is not a friend to me because I'm an alcoholic, and I cannot stop once I start. Sounds like you are ready to take that huge step to sobriety as well. Congrats on 5 days, that's a great start! I'm in Day 1 myself, but will be working my plan and putting my sobriety as my top priority!
Great to meet you, keep coming back!
Old 04-03-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Great job Susie! I'm new to this site and new to recovery as I'm on day 3 of not drinking after drinking 2-5 glasses of wine every night for years. Love reading your story and wishing you the best!
Old 04-03-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Susie

D
Old 04-03-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Your doing such a great job Suziegirl! You will make your daughter proud.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi lady!

I'm so glad that things are going well. Have you heard of AV, a plan or H.A.L.T.? These are some subjects that I have learned here and that have really helped me succeed.

Read, participate and learn and be active in your recovery. It sounds like you are doing great.

Hope to see you around!
Old 04-03-2017, 06:33 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Over two weeks sober is fantastic! Keep going, it gets better the longer you're sober.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

So very happy you have found Sober Recovery. It has saved my bum many times. I'm a mom too and share custody. I would drink when he was with his Dad mostly out of sadness and boredom. I don't know who I am or what to do when he is absent. Except to party. So I'm working on that and it is challenging indeed. It doesn't happen overnight that's for sure. Although, I rarely drank in his presence he has seen that side of me and does not like it one bit. Unfortunately if I even smell alcohol I start to slur.... lol So there is no hiding it at all. lol I really only have 2 good years left of him being at home, so I need to get on with life without a kid in the house and learn how to do so SOBER. It's great stuff you are realizing this now, because you still have so many great years left with your daughter. Keep coming here every single day. I find I'm the most vulnerable to relapse when I don't frequent here. My confidence starts to build up that I can handle drinking, now. So then I just become totally pre-occupied with moderation and planning the next drinking bout and wondering if I'm making the right decision with allowing drinking in my life again, on and on... It's so much easier to just accept that I can't drink and I don't drink. And leave it right there. Easier said than done but I've never regretted waking up without a hangover... Take care and I look forward to following your journey.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:43 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations SusieGirl 15 days is epic
Old 04-04-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

What a lovely surprise to see all your comments. Thank you all for your support. I am today on Day 16. I go to a slimming club called slimming world - Uk residents will be aware of this diet. I have put on half a pound. I am very happy with this after the rubbish I have been eating over the last 16 days. Going to class today though has made me get back in the zone and I am going to cut out all the junk. I just made a slimming world lasagne and it smells lovely cooking in the oven. I'm munching on a bowl of melon and strawberries as I type.
I've been for a 3 mile run today again. I actually did 6 miles yesterday as I went for another 3 mile run last night while Evie was playing hockey.
Evie stayed again last night so I think I have now won her back but I'm determined not to disappoint her again. She has drama tonight so thinking of a glass of wine will not enter my mind as I will be far too busy.
Its wonderful in the evening when I know I can just go and drive anywhere because I haven't been drinking.
At the end of the night we cuddle up in bed, watch a film with a cup of hot chocolate. Little things make me happy.
Thanks all for checking in with me. It makes me feel special. I wish you all success in your journey. XXX
Old 04-04-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

grouphug:
Old 04-04-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

16 days - how wonderful, Susie. You sound so good - we're very proud of you.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi Susie,

Congratulations - you'll now be on day 17, whilst I am on day 9.

May I forever be 8 days behind you!

Tony
Old 04-07-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 19 today (nearly three weeks) Haven't been on here much over the last few days as I have been so busy. The weather has been quite nice (for the UK) over the last few days so been working in the garden. Evie has stayed with me 5 nights in a row so she has also been keeping me busy. I am working and evening shift as overtime tonight so will definitely make it to day 20.
I have run 20 miles so far this week, knocked the junk food on the head and been quite good on the diet but weight loss on the scales not shifting much however I do feel slimmer in myself so must be losing inches instead. Apart from being worried about money (I should be ok though) - life is going pretty sweet.
I'm sleeping better in the nights - only waking up once or twice. I've been loving having a mug of hot chocolate with Evie in bed before we go to sleep.
The weather is supposed to be really lovely on the weekend so I'm going to make the most of it.
Love to you all X
Old 04-07-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job on day 19
Old 04-07-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Wow! You are doing really well Susiegirl, I had very little energy when i first quit. It sounds like the evening shifts are working out well for you too.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Its only tonight I'm working an evening shift - I have been off work all week on leave. I wanted to have some time off to concentrate on myself. Bit of exercise, better diet, quality time with my daughter, etc. Its been lovely. Sometimes my leave goes so quick and I don't feel like I've done anything - this is probably because of the alcohol. This week has been very productive though. I' working this evening but still have Saturday & Sunday off to make the most of the lovely weather we are having X