Notices

6 months and still feeling unwell

Old 03-24-2017, 12:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 months and still feeling unwell

Hey guys how is everyone?! Haven't posted in awhile, been keeping myself active and working on rebuilding my life which I must say is better then ever. I was hoping to get some insight from others... I've been sober going on 6 months now, even quit smoking about a month ago and I feel great most of the time but every now and then I feel really off. Sometimes I am just really tired, maybe even feel a bit sick and the sickness usually only last a few hours. I went to my doctor and had some blood tests done including a liver function test and everything came back normal. The thing that really bugs me is I still have a weird pressure that feels like it's around my liver. It doesn't hurt but makes me always feel my ribs and push on my liver for whatever reason. I had this pressure when I was drinking and expected it to go away after but it hasn't and I don't know what the heck to do. Anyone else experience this?
Old 03-24-2017, 12:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Smc,

Not me since I quit.

My liver would ache after drinking.

It took months to normalize and I still get flare ups that I detect when going #1 sometimes,

Not sure if it is liver or kidney that is part of urinary issues. Prostate?

I have lingering mental issues for sure. They are improving for sure.

Booze rotted us from the inside out...yuk!

I'd see a drfor a second opinion..

dr. Google will drive you wacky.

Are you eating healthy food? Lots of fiberous fruit and vegetables? Hydrate w water not coke and coffee all day?

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on the 6 months

I haven't experienced anything like that.

why not get a second opinion if you're not satisfied with your own doctors prognosis?

D
Old 03-24-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

SMC,
Congrats on 6 months, I celebrated my 6 month mark last Friday so I guess were sort of in this thing together. I do experience that dull consistent ache you described. I had some blood-work done and my liver function test showed some elevations. On Tuesday I had an ultrasound which examined the liver, pancreas, kidney, prostate. All checked out fine. I did start acupuncture 3 months back and it has improved the ache significantly. Another thing I noticed is when I eat a lot of sugar the pain seems to worsen. For the last month I have been on a low sugar, almost no-carb diet and the pain is almost unnoticeable. Anyway, hope this helps. Congrats again on your milestone.