Notices

Day 10

Old 03-23-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

I have the excitement of a little kid, I hit double digits. Lol. Today I got a bit anxious. Previously I mentioned that my husband went out and bought booze. That damn bottle of tequila is stalking me. My first thought was that he is trying to sabotage me because he lost his drinking buddy. Now I realize he just leaves it where he used it or finds a not so clever hiding space. Last night I came come and went to make tea and there was that bottle by my tea. This morning I went to get a pan out of the cabinet and there it was "hidden". He left to drop our daughter off at school. When he gets home I'm going to ask him to please put it somewhere I don't know about because the open bottle is starting to give me anxiety. If he isn't ready to be sober, fine, but I would appreciate if he could put this bottle in a not so accessible place. I'm not sure if that is asking a lot but I know it would help me feel better. Other than that, I'm doing well and looking forward to another day of work where I don't have the endure the hangover I never realized I had before.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talked to my husband about the bottle and with out hesitation he removed it from the house. It means a lot and having it put of sight and out of mind is helpful.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cknopf82 View Post
Talked to my husband about the bottle and with out hesitation he removed it from the house. It means a lot and having it put of sight and out of mind is helpful.
I was going to reply to your first post and say that you should talk to him about it. It looks like you did and it went well. That's great.

Being anxious, at least for me, is part of the recover process. I just posted about it actually. After 5+ months sober, I still have bad days where I feel anxiousness/anxiety. The good news is that it has gotten way better over that time.

Congrats on 10 days. That's a big deal!
Old 03-23-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Double digits is a huge accomplishment. Seems like you are on the path to a better life.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you spoke to your husband and the bottles gone CKnopf
Congrats on 10 days!
D