SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Quit wasting your life Weekender 24-26 March (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/406687-quit-wasting-your-life-weekender-24-26-march.html)

PhoenixJ 03-24-2017 02:04 PM

:birthday

Solarion 03-24-2017 02:05 PM

Happy Birthday, MrMcTell! Wishing you good health and a long life!

Soberandhealthy 03-24-2017 02:55 PM

I'm in the ER alone I had to leave work and I don't want to tell my husband just in case there is a chance I can drink after I leave here.

I started bleeding two weeks ago it stopped but it came back today while at a meeting at work. I think it was because I got into in arguments with another coworker called him A&$@$ and said all his ideas were s&$@$ well hope you get the idea I cannot swear here anymore. I basically lost my mind and start bleeding again and I can't stop.

I am insane and I am probably going to die. Oh man ......

Soberandhealthy 03-24-2017 02:59 PM

I had some sort of a plan this time but now this happens and sort of well I guess is over so I may as well. And I know it's madness but this is what I'm thinking while I wait here with the horrible hospital smell around me

Gilmer 03-24-2017 03:27 PM

Please don't drink after you leave. It's not over until you stop trying. Obey the doctors' orders.

Why don't you want to level with your husband?

Albyalbright 03-24-2017 03:28 PM

I'm in!

BrendaChenowyth 03-24-2017 03:37 PM

Hospital smell.. as a nursing student, I dig..

If you are referring to bleeding from your stomach, as in you are vomiting blood.. See, this is what is so frustrating for me on this forum, is I have nursing knowledge and I researched this in particular because I developed gastritis myself, but I am not allowed to advise you medically here! :(

Dee74 03-24-2017 03:44 PM

Even if you were a fully qualified Doctor you still couldn't give medical advice here Brenda.

Thats just not what SR is about. Nothing personal :)

SAH if you're bleeding you need to see someone about it. - I'm glad you're at the ER.

D

BrendaChenowyth 03-24-2017 03:48 PM

I have a puffy neck and am convinced I have thyroid cancer. Don't go to nursing school.

Misc72 03-24-2017 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by sunshine72 (Post 6380879)
Yep today is the 7th Day finally got some antibiotics so I should be on the men within a few days

I meant to say on the mend not 'men'. Sorry lol

Gilmer 03-24-2017 03:56 PM

:lmao

BrendaChenowyth 03-24-2017 03:57 PM

Spring fever? Feeling frisky?

saoutchik 03-24-2017 04:39 PM

Soberandhealthy, make sure that the attending doctors and triage nurses know your drinking history and that you are really afraid. I am hoping that you can use this event to get some really good help with your drinking. You can do it, I believe you will do it, but you have to do your recovery "homework" so that you have the tools to do so. Not many people on this site can just stop without taking other proactive steps.

Olive1 03-24-2017 04:49 PM

I am late!
I am in!

Usually up at the wee hours, so I might have easily snagged shotgun from Weasel! Don't know where my head was.
Oh, maybe it is still swamped with numbers from this tax season. :hypnotize
Just a few more weeks....

Laying low this weekend. A little cooking, a little painting, some dog walking, maybe a hockey game.

:)

Lava256 03-24-2017 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by ChickChick (Post 6379316)
I'm in. I badly want this to be my last "first weekend".

Me too. Me too.

saoutchik 03-24-2017 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to Weekenders Albyabright!

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 6380718)
It is fun to watch the early party-train. Not so much when they are trying to go back home.

The Underground trains run all night now but when they used to stop the last train was always alluded to as the Vomit Comet :lmao

Many Happy Returns MrMcTell! Not being drunk or hungover ain't no bad birthday present

Good to see you sunshine72, "on the men" sounds like you'll be needing those handcuffs again.

Hi Solarion, you posted a still from The Prisoner" a couple of weeks ago featuring a ball chair. I'm not sure if you're a fan of that show (I am) but if you are you might be interested to know that I went to Portmeirion AKA The Village last week. I will post an album of photos if anyone is interested meanwhile here is one pic

saoutchik 03-24-2017 05:00 PM

Welcome to the thread Lava256!

biminiblue 03-24-2017 05:02 PM

So weird! I do online jigsaw puzzles and I did one of that exact scene last week, Sao...maybe a bit to the right...actually quite a bit to the right, I think the center was that flower planter.

Fed. Walked. Snapped out of an earlier funk...

Now I have dishes, TV and pudding. Oreo pudding. I may throw some strawberries on top and live dangerously.

Steely 03-24-2017 05:09 PM

I'm in.

Was pleased to read that you think no time is wasted bimini.

biminiblue 03-24-2017 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Steely (Post 6381107)
I'm in.

Was pleased to read that you think no time is wasted bimini.

Well, it isn't.

Except that time it takes me to wrangle my thoughts sometimes. I'm getting better - but it is definitely in the "progress, not perfection" category.

Nice to see you, Steely.