Notices

Need Advice/Help

Old 03-20-2017, 12:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Advice/Help

I just came across this website today. I have been battling addiction with heroin since I was in high school and have never been able to stay sober more then a couple months at very most no matter what. I've had judges tell me stay sober or go to prison and I would use I've had family tell me stay sober or we can't associate with you etc etc. Finally on 6/16/16 I got clean and stayed clean I got a job that I love and pays well "which is hard as a convicted felon" I had the most amazing girlfriend who I love dearly I have my own place to live I have my puppy and the list goes on. A few months back I started slipping not going to my meetings and working my program and started doing unspiritual things and before I knew it 30 days ago I relapsed. I am on felony probation with a 3 year sentence over my head, everything in my life is based on me staying sober and I am about to loose it all if I don't stop now but I'm stuck in it and JUST WANT TO STOP and get back on track and continue my life. I haven't lost anything yet and will very very soon. I've been to a dozen rehabs and that's just an expensive big book I already have a sponsor and fellowship but I need Advice on how to get the strength to stop. What prayers can I say? I need god in my life as of right now. If you can pray for god to please give me the strength to get on track so I don't loose everything again I'd appreciate it. I don't know if I could pick myself back up if I lost what I have today because what I have today means the world to me and I just can't loose it. Please give me advice
Old 03-20-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcoem peacelove CA.

My drugs where different but I think addiction has basic common points.

For me the support and encouragement here really made a difference for me.

Coming & posting here before I did something stupid, and staying here online until I was sure I wouldn't cave was really valuable for me.

SR helped me turn my life around - I know we can help you do the same

D
Old 03-20-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dee has the truth of it-welcome, keep posting
Old 03-20-2017, 01:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. Stick around here for support and encouragement, post before using! But I also noticed you said that you "stopped going to meetings and working [your] program" I'd get back into those full force. We addicts cannot stay sober without following a solid plan of recovery.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Whatever it takes - just for today.

Hi and welcome PeaceLove.

I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. It sounds like you have built a wonderful life for yourself so you already know the benefits of being sober.

Your Higher Power is still with you my friend. I would encourage you to return to your program as Mera said. I'm not sure what step you are on, perhaps you can find strength and comfort by doing steps 1 - 3 again?

I find the prayers here very comforting Recovery Prayers Step Prayer

Prayers to you, keep posting and reading here. There is a lot of support.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by PeaceloveCA View Post
I already have a sponsor and fellowship but I need Advice on how to get the strength to stop
in classic aa/ na we dont give advice just experience

for me stayin sober means daily meetings and regularly talking to my sponsor

it means being of service to others and asking God for help

its not about strength but understanding my powerlessness

for me its about following direction and not questioning everything

i dont need to understand how/ why making coffee at the meetings keeps me sober ... it just does!

Old 03-20-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

.... A few months back I started slipping not going to my meetings and working my program and started doing unspiritual things and before I knew it 30 days ago I relapsed....

Dear Friend, you didn't relapse because you stopped going to meetings and working your program. You stopped going to meetings and working your program to make it possible to go back to using and drinking.

Lots of us have lost jobs, girlfriends, and great set-ups (or never got the chance) including me.....You're lucky, you have program that works. I'm hoping you can go back to a meeting, just one meeting, maybe today, and start your program over again.

Best wishes to you.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry you are struggling. So many here have given you wonderful advise. Please don't lose hope. We all struggle on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis. Plan the work, work the plan!

I will pray for you!