Notices

Mom guilt

Old 03-19-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mom guilt

I fell down the last couple of stairs last night which I've done sober but smacked my head. Lots of blood. Tried to get my husband to bring her to her bed but all he did is yell at me. Scream actually. I got pissed he wouldn't listen swearing and yelling back. He called an ambulance on me! My 8 year old daughter saw all of this. Yes I was drunk. I go out and overindulge maybe 3 times a year but when I do I don't stop and WHAM im wasted. What do I tell my daughter? My husband says we are now getting divorced over this. We leave on vacation in 7 days. He says I'm not going anymore. I think that's going a bit far. I seriously don't drink at home and usually only have 1-3 drinks on a night out
Old 03-19-2017, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear all of this. Firstly, I do hope your head is ok? And, I am sure the emotions will calm down enough so the two of you can talk to each other.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi cruegirl

you know your daughter better than any of us. I'm noit a parent but I remember back to being 8 years old...I wouldn't want the weight of the world put on my shoulders.

You were ill..you slipped - that might be enough for an eight year old - as I say you'll know best. Maybe she's already put two and two together?

It really sounds like you're in deep though - regardless of how infrequently it happens, it's a very clear call for change don't you think?

D
Old 03-19-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will start with Welcome to SR, you came to a great place for help...
now, it sounds to me there is something running deeper than just a few drunk nights a year, a spouse should be supportive no matter what, have you wrote how you feel about this situation yet? have you considered talking to him sober to hear what his issues/concerns are? and I don't know what to suggest about your daughter, I don't drink excessively around my children, but my dad use to drink heavily when I was young, and he would say sorry, and he would tell me he would try to be better for us.

I hope that helps.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, Crue. Hugs, good thoughts. Keep coming back. Lots of support here. Are you worried about your drinking?
P.S. I fell down a full flight of stairs when I was drunk. Amazed I didn't break something.