SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I finally did it (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/406441-i-finally-did.html)

Mainecoonmama 03-19-2017 01:36 AM

I finally did it

All of the alcohol in the house is gone.

I am done.

No more drinking. No more wasting money on empty calories loaded with regret and disappointment.

My sober journey began 2 hours ago.
I can go back to that.

2 hours is nothing. But on a weekend night, that's impressive for me.

Meraviglioso 03-19-2017 01:40 AM

Great job making your house alcohol free. That is a really good start. These next days might be tough but you can get through them and we are here to support you. What is your plan going forward?

FreedomCA 03-19-2017 01:48 AM

Keep up the commitment and desire to stay sober. Alcohol only leads to disastrous consequences.

Mainecoonmama 03-19-2017 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso (Post 6372814)
Great job making your house alcohol free. That is a really good start. These next days might be tough but you can get through them and we are here to support you. What is your plan going forward?

I'm starting rehab on Tuesday. Other than that, no real plan.

PhoenixJ 03-19-2017 01:58 AM

:c011:

aasharon90 03-19-2017 04:03 AM

Will you stay in rehab or is it an outpatient
program?

26 yrs ago I was placed in a rehab hospital
for my alcohol addiction and remained there
for 28 days with a 6 week aftercare program
attached before completing it.

I was taught the AA program of recovery
and have continued over the yrs incorporating
tools and knowledge of it in all my affairs
to remain sober and successful without
having my misery refunded back to me.

Go with willingness, openmindedness,
honesty to listen, learn, absorb and apply
a program of recovery to insure you a
healthy, happy successful sober life ahead
of you one day at a time moving forward
in your new journey in sobriety like many
of us have. :)

SeaOfSerenity 03-19-2017 04:06 AM

all the best at rehab. best thing I ever did,
it stopped the drinking loop is was stuck in and started the process of learning to deal with life as it is, for better for worse

Done4today 03-19-2017 04:18 AM

Awesome!! good luck and many prayers! We are all rooting for you. You are worth it.

january161992 03-19-2017 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by aasharon90 (Post 6372903)
Will you stay in rehab or is it an outpatient
program?

26 yrs ago I was placed in a rehab hospital
for my alcohol addiction and remained there
for 28 days with a 6 week aftercare program
attached before completing it.

I was taught the AA program of recovery
and have continued over the yrs incorporating
tools and knowledge of it in all my affairs
to remain sober and successful without
having my misery refunded back to me.

Go with willingness, openmindedness,
honesty to listen, learn, absorb and apply
a program of recovery to insure you a
healthy, happy successful sober life ahead
of you one day at a time moving forward
in your new journey in sobriety like many
of us have. :)

:agree

my drinking was not the problem

Delilah1 03-19-2017 10:05 AM

Getting rid of all of the alcohol is a great start, and attending rehab in Tuesday is a great plan. Sounds like you are ready!!

Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

Mainecoonmama 03-19-2017 03:28 PM

I have the worst headache ever and just want to sleep. But it's been almost 16 hours which is the longest I have gone without drinking in years. I'm still shaking, but it's getting better.
I'm not craving alcohol, but I feel very off. Kind of like you pulled an almighty and have the flu at the same time. So right now I want drink because I want to feel "normal" again.

Eastcoaster20 03-19-2017 03:35 PM

I'm just ending the worst of my withdrawals. Worst feeling ever! I just kept telling myself that tomorrow will feel better than today, and so on. And now, a few days later, I AM feeling a little better. Still feel in a head fog but nothing like a few days ago. You can do it! Drinking to feel normal will just set you back.

Mainecoonmama 03-19-2017 03:45 PM

Yeah, I don't want to drink. My best friend invited my to a restaurant/bar tonight with some of our old work friends, but I don't know if going would be a good idea

grayghost1965 03-20-2017 04:28 PM

My first 24 hours were the worst, and I had to work a night shift in the middle of it. Talk about your white-knuckling it ! I didn't sleep well the next day, but I'm 48 hours in now and feel really good. Try to eat something mild/bland even though you might not feel hungry. Stay hydrated too ! I'm convinced both helped me lessen the withdrawal effects. Stay strong and connected !

Outonthetiles 03-20-2017 04:58 PM

Great job. It's just a terrible idea to have any booze in the house. Next, think about dumping the drinking apparatus, shot glasses, wine glasses, and all the stuff that goes along with drinking. It's been a year since I cleaned all that crap out of my house, and I'm still finding stuff from the bad ol days. Just yesterday I found a box of some kind of tom collins mix in a cupboard. I had a little ceremony and dumped it out in the lawn.

Mainecoonmama 03-21-2017 12:00 AM

I don't have any wine or shot glasses, thankfully.

I did however, ask that when my boyfriend's mother comes over that she doesn't leave any unopened beer in the fridge. She's stays with us sometimes, but if she starts doing that again, I'm dumping them. She stays with us sometimes and she doesn't pay rent, but has basically turned out living room into her bedroom. ��

I can not wait to move out into our own place.

As for hydration, I have been drinking so much water. It's helped a long. I rarely used to drink water before, pretty much only beer and wine, so this is a huge change. :)
I'm on day 3! Rehab starts today.

2ndhandrose 03-21-2017 05:56 AM

all the best in rehab :grouphug: