Notices

Day 5

Old 03-18-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Well, feeling good about not drinking but some of the physical symptoms just stink. The past 2 days I have been lethargic. I'm having such a hard time keeping my eyes open. I'm also freezing cold and have a on and off again headache. I know it'll pass but for now I feel like I'm wasting what would have been a beautiful day. Well, to look at the bright side, I'm "wasting" a short period of time feeling like crap detoxing rather than be drunk all the time and miss out on living.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Whatever it takes - just for today.

You got in one detoxing symptoms are not nice but in the scheme of things they don't last too long.

It won't be long before you'll be feeling much better and able to get out and enjoy beautiful days, regardless of the weather.

Well done on 5 days. Keep going!
Old 03-18-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cknopf82 View Post
Well, feeling good about not drinking but some of the physical symptoms just stink. The past 2 days I have been lethargic. I'm having such a hard time keeping my eyes open. I'm also freezing cold and have a on and off again headache. I know it'll pass but for now I feel like I'm wasting what would have been a beautiful day. Well, to look at the bright side, I'm "wasting" a short period of time feeling like crap detoxing rather than be drunk all the time and miss out on living.
It's not fun, but it will be for the best. Obviously if you're having serious side effects you should seek medical assistance. But just the feeling-awful part, that does subside and your body chemistry will adjust in time.

It will be worth it!
Old 03-18-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. Detoxing is not a pleasant experience, but hopefully this one is the last one you'll ever have to go through on your journey into sobriety. 5 days is a great start!
Old 03-19-2017, 01:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on the hard work!
Old 03-19-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm on day 3 and totally understand what you're saying. I've never slept so much in my life. Funny how when I was drinking, I always managed to work out. But now I have no energy at all. Just clinging on to the fact that hopefully each day I will feel slightly better than the day before. We've got this!