Notices

St Patrick's Day Weekender 17-19th March

Old 03-19-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Lots going on in the W'enders this week.

Good news on the license, LadyBlue.

Bix, I'm glad you're handling your situation in sobriety. It will serve you well.

Interesting that there have been some positive stories shared about kids making wise decisions regarding drinking. That is hopeful and warm news.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I have a lot of anxiety with some of my nursing school assignments because I have had so many unsatisfactory grades in the past from other instructors.. This instructor thinks I am doing such a good job she'd like me to help other students.. So after reading that email, I have definitely relaxed some, starting to feel like I will get through this program. At least this semester!

People ask me what my plans are as far as looking for work when school ends in December and I haven't given it ANY thought, any at all.. And it's gonna sneak up on me! But I'm so used to having unsuccessful semesters that I can't plan beyond assignment to assignment, exam to exam.

I think I am going to start going to AA meetings. I think it will help me stay on the good foot I am on today.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's a nice vote of confidence from your instructor BC.

I am having non-buyers remorse about that De Tomaso today.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Home form work, ate, now off to the gym.

It'll always be the one that got away Sao. I predict many more car auctions in your future.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

LOL, Sao..is that non-buyers remorse, or non-buyers non-remorse? Does it call for a double negative?

BC, cheers!

Huge THANKS to all of you who are not getting sick of my morose posts and have offered support. Believe me, I have truly felt your support. I am SO proud and grateful and relieved to be sober during this pivotal time. I won't have to try to forgive myself down the road, when it is all over.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

I feel like I may be starting to get sick, but this building always bugs my allergies so much that it is hard to tell.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I had a look on eaglecam and couldn't see him/her. Maybe it was airbourne.

Feel better soo BC.

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
LOL, Sao..is that non-buyers remorse, or non-buyers non-remorse? Does it call for a double negative?
A bit of remorse or regret Bix, the selling price was either £7.5 or £8Kso for a few pounds more than that I could tell people I own a De Tomaso, (even if it was a non runner) not many people can say that.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Sao, ah well...I carry that kind of regret for the non-buying of a couple of horses in my life. Not that they were rare...but they were perfect and part of me knew it when I walked away.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Maybe you will get them one day Bix.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

That is excellent about the commendation from your instructor, Brenda.

Don't freak out that you don't have your entire future mapped out nine months in advance. You're working through stress, and your brain has as much as it can handle.

Keep doing "the next right thing" with your schoolwork, and your overall confidence and composure will grow. By the time you need to consider job options in earnest, you'll be ready.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Trying to think of a good way to say I'd rather not be singled out as someone who's doing better than others. The other girls sort of have a tendency to take things to negative town. I like staying under the radar because of that (and we get along just fine).
Old 03-19-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I hope everyone is doing well. As usual for anyone who is struggling, suffering or in pain tonight I have my usual candle lighting.

Well my hotel is booked so there is no backing out now. Dublin here I come! I had originally booked a different place but then I read the reviews online and frankly I was too afraid to stay there. I cancelled that and booked a place I have stayed in before. I know what it is like and how to get there and that is fine. Even though my dad thought I was being ridiculous - he said to pack an extra pillow case in my backpack and the first place would have been fine for 2 nights.

I got the ususal litany of 'be careful" from my parents. Yes I know they worry a lot and some places in Dublin are best avoided but I think I will be ok.

I just said to my mom "why can't you be happy that I am happy?" Her face softened a bit and she did mention something about 'I am glad you are happy and have you completely given up the bottle now?" which before would have annoyed me as I dislike being reminded of how things were but now I chose to let it go.

My dad just said "we are so pleased for you and you have really come on in leaps and bounds" so that's nice to hear.

Anyway I am going to Dublin for 2 nights Tuesday - Thursday, across the country. Not the world.

Really I am just trying to break them in gently because my next venture is going to be Spain/France unaccomapnied on one of those deals you can get for a week, I just haven't told them yet.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

My brother's wife sent us all a text message last Tuesday saying my brother was getting 302'd (involuntary psych hold). And we knew that for a few weeks now they were separated, she moved out, and he stayed with their daughter at her (his wife's) parents house. We don't know if he's in, if he's out, if he's home, if he's alive, if he's in jail, or what. Not to be dramatic, but he hates us and will not reach out to us so we haven't heard anything. Wife's.. ? Not on facebook any more, I guess working, going out, what not, while her mom watches my niece.

As I'm leaving the house this morning, mom asks me to text my brother's wife and ask her how my brother's doing...

*pause for eye roll*

I did, I text her, hi what is up? No response after many hours.
I am still facebook friends with my brother's wife's mother.. and I thought about reaching out to her and asking how my brother's doing.. but I don't want to get in to why we don't just reach out to him. So I'll just put a pin in that...

But if my mother wants to know how he is doing, she needs to reach out. She complains and complains about how her kids don't think she cares about them. OK SO THEN REACH OUT TO THEM AND SHOW THEM YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!! She sits back and waits for others to call her but then they do text her and she doesn't respond because she tries to figure out some underlying meaning behind what they've said.
Why can't she just call her son or her daughter-in-law?

I will probably tell her I tried and that I got no response, but if she asks me to be the go-between again I'll say no and deal with her inappropriately emotional reaction. She'll pull out the "I don't ask that much from you" and I have to say "This is true, but this is not an appropriate thing for you to ask me to do. You need to call them if you want to know how they are doing."

Okay thanks for hearing my rant lol I have school/clinical tomorrow but there is maybe one person who I would even mention a fraction of that to.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Enjoy your getaway Tetra. Hope your not coming down with something BC, I just hate feeling sick.

The good gym days are beginning to add up and out weight the tough ones. Had a good run today, feet and legs don't seem bothered.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

In a way I'm glad my coworker called out today. I don't want what he's got!
Old 03-19-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

That getaway to Dublin is well-deserved, Tetra! Have a lovely, relaxing time!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Back from a sunny day out. That is a rare event in the PNW in the Spring. Making hay while the sun shines. Unfortunately everyone and their brother were at *my* beach.

I saw two really big sea lions cruising the beach. This is the time of year when the whales come into the sound so I live in hope each and every walk.

I'm fed and thinking of a shower now.

Sao, my high school BF's mom had a Jensen Interceptor that we used on occasion. I don't know why - the BF had a Porsche 911 and then a Shelby Cobra (Mustang) - I didn't even like the Interceptor, but sometimes he brought it. I'm pretty sure I've said that before in this thread. In my oh-so-smart young alcoholic days I didn't want to be tied down and I broke up with him. Not my finest moment. He was really sweet. Seller's remorse.

Also, the eagle is a fledgling, so it's hit or miss now. He's sticking close to the three cameras, I've seen him nearly every time, but as they say, give them roots and wings.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

My first car was a 1970 AMC hornet SST. It was green so we use to call it the green hornet.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

My friend had an olive green '72 Gremlin, and it ran till '85 (just barely).
Old 03-19-2017, 11:37 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a excellent start to the week on this fine Monday morning everyone

See you all soon