Notices

Struggling, Day 3 clean

Old 03-15-2017, 10:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Struggling, Day 3 clean

Hi there,

I am a 3yr near daily drinker. Have been victim of DV for 4th time recently and hospitalised due to it and alcohol abuse. Now have to relocate for 9th time in 3yrs after reports were made to housing when i had to run onto my balcony to yell for help. When my ex has not been in jail for it; ive foolishly believed he wldnt touch me again. This last time i let him (didnt fight back) strangle me unconcious as when i fought him previously i cld barely move my neck.

This is day 3 of no drink at all after a binge. Cask of goon (36 std drinks) over app 30hrs. Lasted 5 days. Have tried many MANY things. My liver is not great nd last few days have been really really sick. Sickest ive been in my entire life. I legit thought i was going to die in my sleep. In so much pain nd so weak n dizzy; hurling my guts up. Cldnt keep anything down. I promised myself id never touch a drop again. Day 3 nd i have been exercising for alot of the day to get my strength bk. Ive previously been a PT; and had alot of muscle mass, but lost it all. Depressed n too many bruises n stress.In hospital i met a junkie who swore he wanted help. I tried to help him but got stolen from over $600. So my bills backed up. Credit rating was always good.

To get to the point; i am agitated. Very agitated nd cant exercise anymore. Isolated with no social support...and am craving a drink badly. Not to get blind..i never want to be that sick again. But im fighting the urge to head down to bottle-o to get something 'small' to calm me.

First time posting on any forum like this n wondering if anyone has any advice. I have Camprol on me...shld i try n take it to see if it helps. The agitation/anxiety is quite bad. Anyone been here before on day 3 cold turkey at home. Any alternative remedies that may help?

Thx for reading and any responses. I do appreciate it.

Cheers
Ange
Old 03-15-2017, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to SR AngeC - I'm really sorry to read of all you've been through.

If you feel unwell or extremely agitated the best thing to do is see a Dr - drinking again will just prolong this cycle.

I'm assuming you're an Aussie - if you're really bad you can hit the ER or you might be able to find a bulk billing place ?

I know nothing about Campral but even if I did we can't give you medical advice here - it's against our rules I'm afraid.

As far as other support goes - there's a ton of it here. I was never able to stop much past 3 days for a long time,. but SR helped me break that cycle and stay sober.

This is a great supportive community. I know we can help you too

D
Old 03-16-2017, 12:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm also assuming your Aussie - bottle-o
'Lives lead well' is a place you can try to get help, Google for the number, I don't know it sorry. Beyond blue is another place you could call. Any hospital should help you.
I have never taken campral but I do hear it lessens the urge to drink...
make yourself a nice cup of tea or have a shower, do something nice for yourself which will also distract you from drinking for a bit.
You can also play the tape forward, one drink won't just be one! And how will you feel tomorrow? Your problems will still be there but intensified because you will be feeling like crap presumably.
I hope you stay away from the drink, it's a poison that wrecks lives. It wrecked mine until I fought back and took control again.
You can too hun
Old 03-16-2017, 12:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 3 is also a great achievement especially after all you've been through. Keep going!
Old 03-16-2017, 02:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too InaSilentWay - I love Miles - great user name

D
Old 03-16-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Definitely see a doc- or go to an ER. I drank that much. Cold turkey is dangerous.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Ange!!
Old 03-16-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I echo the others who suggest seeing your doctor or going to the ER.

Welcome to SR, AngeC. Very glad you found us.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

P.S. I am so very to hear of the trauma that you have experienced in your life. Hugs and prayers.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
LoveHateMerlot

This is day one for me! Great job on 3 days! Despite our pasts, no matter what, we can change. You deserve better!