Thinking of you, Marker.

Hope that you are well.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Hows it going Marker?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

If you're still standing you can recover. DO NOT GIVE UP. I hit a rock bottom where I wanted to die, and today I'm so glad I didn't make that choice. THINGS WILL GET BETTER IF YOU HAVE FAITH.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:22 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today Marker? Thinking of you
Old 04-20-2017, 12:14 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

How are you?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Marker.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hope to see you post soon, Marker.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Wow, it's really overwhelming to see you guys messages. It really warms my heart. I'm doing.. decent. Still very clouded, still haven't been able to lay the thoughts or the booze on the shelf, each hour is a battle, but I have found myself a strong shield to hold on to through communication with my doctor and a few close friends.. I try my best to just involve myself in things that makes me happy and going back to visit this thread is definitely putting a smile on my face.. Thank you so much.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

It is so wonderful to hear from you, Marker.

You truly made my day!!!

Fantastic to hear that you have good communication with your new doctor and some good friends.

Please remember that we truly care; lean on us at any ANYTIME.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Very glad you are still with us.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Marker View Post
Wow, it's really overwhelming to see you guys messages. It really warms my heart. I'm doing.. decent. Still very clouded, still haven't been able to lay the thoughts or the booze on the shelf, each hour is a battle, but I have found myself a strong shield to hold on to through communication with my doctor and a few close friends.. I try my best to just involve myself in things that makes me happy and going back to visit this thread is definitely putting a smile on my face.. Thank you so much.
Good to see you post, man.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Doing pretty bad.. Mainly cause I'm wasted. Hope I can go to sleep before making some stupid decisions. I so full of ******* pure hatred.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Doing pretty bad.. Mainly cause I'm wasted. Hope I can go to sleep before making some stupid decisions. I so full of ******* pure hatred.
Sorry you are still struggling. There is a way to leverage SR to help get and keep you sober...like posting before you get wasted.

So make tomorrow day one and start making some smart decisions about moving forward with your life. And let Sober Recovery help.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I'm not sure being sober can help by now.. I'm so out. Sobriety is for people with some sort of hope, I'm just done. I just want to never wake up again..
Old 05-18-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Alcohol makes us think some pretty crazy thoughts. I'm glad you are here and seeking some type of support. Maybe give sobriety a serious shot? What do you have to lose? Quite honestly, when your drunk you sound miserable. No one deserves that. Keep posting.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Marker,
I always believe there is hope, always. Things can improve and always get better. I've been following your thread. Did you see your doctor? You can see from your responses here that there are good people in this world that can help you. Reach out. Reach out to people near you for help please don't give up. There is always hope
Old 05-18-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

(((Marker)))

We really care about you here.

Please talk to someone about your feelings - a therapist, a doctor, a trusted friend - us.

We are here for you.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I'm not sure being sober can help by now.. I'm so out. Sobriety is for people with some sort of hope, I'm just done. I just want to never wake up again..
There is always hope, Marker.

Alcohol skews the reality and vision of hope.

Pour out whatever is left.

Drink plenty of water; talk to us.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hi Marker. Sounds like drinking isn't much fun anymore. You can stop this dangerous, destructive cycle anytime you want. All you have to do is put down the bottle. Within days you will begin to feel better physically and look better which will help you feel better mentally. Imagine waking up with no hangovers. Being able to talk to people coherently and remember what was said. Rediscovering things in your life that you love and bring you joy. Everyone has something or someone. Focus on the things that make you feel good (not drinking!)

But you don't have to figure it all out tonight. Just stop drinking. Maybe tomorrow you can treat yourself to your favorite non-alcoholic drink (mine's ice tea) and your favorite snack and a good movie. It's baby steps in the beginning. And that's OK.

If you have a lot of other problems like most alcoholics take an honest inventory of your life. Figure out what you can change and try to accept what you can't. If you're a praying person I believe that helps too.

I have also struggled with depression. In sobriety I have realized my problems are nothing new under the sun. Lots of people have felt or feel like I do. There's nothing unique about my issues. The best thing you can do is seek out other people who feel like you. You are making a good first step by posting here.

I quit almost a year ago and looking back I will never be back to that life. I'm lucky to have survived it. I hope you do too.

You don't have to figure everything out tonight Marker. All you have to do is pour out the booze. It's making you miserable. There's no reason not to break this cycle. If a hopeless bum like me could do it so can you. Sending a big ol' hug to you. It's time to get well. Love. Hope