Notices

I am DONE

Old 03-16-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Onlylovetoday, How are you feeling today ?
Old 03-16-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Onlylovetoday!!
Old 03-16-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
LoveHateMerlot

I really feel you OnlyLoveToday....last night I became drunk, mean and jealous wife to my husband. Drinking has formed a wedge in our marriage in the past because of this, I pushed him farther and farther away, but the more I fight this battle, and he now has more of an understanding how hard it is for me to stop, my husband and I are closer than ever. That doesn't mean I can get drunk and mean and expect him to love me again in the morning...but I focus on the hurt I caused him to help me stay away from that wine glass. I screwed up last night, I woke up ashamed and full of guilt and reminded myself who I become when I do drink. Instead of asking for my husband's forgiveness this morning, I sat down in front of him and asked if he was okay to talk. I told him my deepest fears come out when I am drinking, and instead I should learn how to communicate my fears when I am sober. That is usually what happens....I don't tell him what makes me angry, but when I drink it ends up pouring out of my mouth like toxic vomit. Any way, sending love and support to you. We can fight this fight! I will not drink with you :-)
Old 03-17-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveHateMerlot View Post
I really feel you OnlyLoveToday....last night I became drunk, mean and jealous wife to my husband. Drinking has formed a wedge in our marriage in the past because of this, I pushed him farther and farther away, but the more I fight this battle, and he now has more of an understanding how hard it is for me to stop, my husband and I are closer than ever. That doesn't mean I can get drunk and mean and expect him to love me again in the morning...but I focus on the hurt I caused him to help me stay away from that wine glass. I screwed up last night, I woke up ashamed and full of guilt and reminded myself who I become when I do drink. Instead of asking for my husband's forgiveness this morning, I sat down in front of him and asked if he was okay to talk. I told him my deepest fears come out when I am drinking, and instead I should learn how to communicate my fears when I am sober. That is usually what happens....I don't tell him what makes me angry, but when I drink it ends up pouring out of my mouth like toxic vomit. Any way, sending love and support to you. We can fight this fight! I will not drink with you :-)
We can do this!
Old 03-17-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I finally had the sit down talk with my husband this morning. Enough is enough for me. I'm tired of the excuses I make for drinking, i.e. Work stress, sick mom, etc. drinking for me is making everything so much worse. I'm with you guys 100%.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eastcoaster20 View Post
I finally had the sit down talk with my husband this morning. Enough is enough for me. I'm tired of the excuses I make for drinking, i.e. Work stress, sick mom, etc. drinking for me is making everything so much worse. I'm with you guys 100%.
Good to hear. The early days are pretty tough, but they pass. Drinking has the ability to make pretty much everything absolutely worse than it should be. You won't regret this decision.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

support to you