Notices

75 Days and PAWS back again

Old 03-20-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am on day 77 and feeling quite the same as you. I have a tendency to relate my condition to the full moon too I don't expect rainbows to come out of my head on the 90th day but I am motivated by the prospect of things getting better. I am sure they will, for you and for me. Looking forward to your next post!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi InASilentWay hope all well,,,? at 80 days now and feeling alot better, cannot wait till 90 days, suppose its physiological LOL. At least I survived the long Holiday weekend here I just kept busy with kids and checked my wife's homework as she's at college, she says its good for my brain but it drains me as I find mistakes and have to rewrite the lot, ohh dear lol. Anyway I will not go back to work till end of April/May '(have to find new job) but hopefully my brain will be recovered by then, going by my curve it should be ready for some paying work. Take care C
Old 03-20-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

on day 130 now and still get bouts of PAWS my friend. I will have a week where i feel right as rain and then another where i can remember a thing, have anxiety though out the week. I think its just our bodies returning to normal. I posted something not long ago about it and someone put it quite perfect. If you walk 20 days into the forest, you will have to walk 20 days out of the forest. I myself drank 12-16 beers a night for 7 years with a few months dry here and there. Point being, 130 days i don't think I've nearly walked long enough to be out of the forest! I hope this helps in some way. fight the fight!!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks Cobber 3, yes a good analogy, yes I think it will be another few months at least before I am out of the woods. I know I cannot speed up the process and just try keep busy and hopefully the healing will happen. Congratulations on 130 days, I think they call that type of Paws intermittent and eventually it will dissipate once alcohol free. Good luck with your journey and hope you out of the woods soon
Old 03-21-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
In my experience, if you supplement with the correct vitamins and minerals, PAWS is non- existent. From the moment I stopped drinking, a few days after self- detox, I felt better than I had in years whilst drinking. I'm now over six months and I feel fantastic, which I attribute to a vitamin and mineral regime, plus excercise and a reluctance to believe in PAWS - mind over matter is powerfully strong, think placebos!

In fact, I've probably not experienced PAWS because I've been too busy mopping up the destruction I'd caused whilst drinking excessively for so long! Action, action, action, is a great healer!
I agree here
I'm on 4 months and was a heavy all day everyday drinker for years. I pay a lot of attention to my diet. Refined carbohydrates and refined sugar are out, I think they have a very detrimental effect on the body. The right vitamins and minerals are essential, in my opinion. That plus if I feel under the weather, I don't assume it's PAWS because when I see other people, I usually find out it's some bug going about.

I don't know whether PAWS is real or not, but I think it's wrong to put everything physically or mentally that goes wrong with you after stopping drinking down to it.